DVDVR Message Board

The only difference is that FSW's cronies decided to run with it and repeat it over and over and over again.  It was just as stupid of a talking point a year ago.

What he said. Also, is there anything sadder than copying FSW's troll act?

What ruined Too Cool was Christopher's drug issus. And even then S2H had a pretty decent mid-card run. You can argue that they dropped the ball with big 'kish because there was a window where he was really fucking over. Wasn't it on SD that he had that great, great match with Hunter?

Ultimately, what killed Rikishi was the botched heel turn, creative completely going to hell in that era, and he got injury prone. But, hey, fun run and the Usos are awesome so it all turned out okay.

None of this has anything to do with Bryan.

But, really, all this talk about how people get pushed or don't get pushed in WWE is meaningless. At the end of the day, there's about 50 diffferent rationales for why a guy gets shot into the main event, with the main one being "cause we fucking said so." 

All this talk about merch and ratings are good talking points, but when's the last time they completely scuttled a main event babyface over that?* Heels, sure, but they know that with the exception of Cena and guys like Brock and Rock, that it's the WWE brand that draws. As long as  you get good crowd responses, you're a top-tier performer, and you don't drive away 3 out of every 4 viewer you'll probably be okay.  Again, people treated Punk's whole title reign like one giant failure and he's the second biggest star in the company behind Cena, so the company clearly didn't have the issues with how things went that we did.

They gave up on the ADR babyface run, but I think that had far, far more to due with the lack of crowd response, and the general problems with the character than any other thing.*

Some people can't accept that Cena really is the best and the failure to dislodge him from the #1 spot in the company has been a lack of people capable of the role more than a bad booking keeping anyone from ever eclipsing Cena.  I suspect that the WWE brain trust sees Daniel Bryan as having potential that CM Punk never had.  Plus, Daniel Bryan doesn't have this aura of bitterness around him that Punk has, so there is no fear in the back of your mind that he will end up hating the business so much that he goes full Benoit on someone, as you might with Punk.

Hahaha. I totally forgot about that.  Trips should start letting the King of Kings theme play all the way through THEN make his entrance to the Time to Play the Game one.  Or maybe add a 3rd theme?

That way the sane people can simply fast-forward and those of you who insist on watching it live can have something else to hate.

What ruined Too Cool was Christopher's drug issus. And even then S2H had a pretty decent mid-card run. You can argue that they dropped the ball with big 'kish because there was a window where he was really fucking over. Wasn't it on SD that he had that great, great match with Hunter?

Yep, oddly enough back during the McMahon-Helmsley Regime era.  IIRC, they tried to rig a drawing for who would face HHH, and somehow ended up pulling Rikishi's name out, leading to a big "Oh shit" face from HHH.

To bring up something other than people arguing about Bryan's push (and soon burial DOODZ~~!~).

Heyman needs more guys for this feud with Punk to work, Lesnar is a part timer and Axel is a bit underwhelming. Heenan never wared with one person he had a whole damn family. That's what Heyman needs but who should it be. Two guys that first come to mind for me are Ohno and Cabana, both are longshots though. Ohno/Hero does seem kind of like a guy Heyman would dig and we know he works well with Punk. Cabana could be great from a storyline perspective. Have it go down in Chicago, I think I saw they have a Raw coming from there soon. Have Cabana turn on Punk/run down and side with Heyman and they can talk about how Punk never did anything to help his "supposed best friend" to get into the WWE but Heyman did, play up a jealousy, scorned friend in Colt who has found an ally in Heyman. Have Punk battling Axel/Ohno/Cabana and maybe another guy, a heavy hitter like Mason Ryan or Leo Kruger or even sign D-Von Dudley with occasional Lesnar apperances to save Heyman from the direst of situations.

• Like 1

Yoshi did some Beatles covers on the JBL Star search so I guess there is that.

I watched the AJ promo and it was good. The only thing that ruined it was The Bella's and Eva constantly yelling through out the whole thing. Though AJ was completely ignoring them which only made them madder and louder which was hilarious. AJ vs. Nattie will probably be a pretty good little fued. The problem is AJ is way too over to be the bitchy heel they want her to be. In her feud with Katlyn, Katyln was supposed to get sympathy from the crowd but instead everyone rooted against her. AJ and Nattie will have good matches, but AJ will be the crowd favorite in them by a large margin.

To bring up something other than people arguing about Bryan's push (and soon burial DOODZ~~!~).

Heyman needs more guys for this feud with Punk to work, Lesnar is a part timer and Axel is a bit underwhelming. Heenan never wared with one person he had a whole damn family. That's what Heyman needs but who should it be. Two guys that first come to mind for me are Ohno and Cabana, both are longshots though. Ohno/Hero does seem kind of like a guy Heyman would dig and we know he works well with Punk. Cabana could be great from a storyline perspective. Have it go down in Chicago, I think I saw they have a Raw coming from there soon. Have Cabana turn on Punk/run down and side with Heyman and they can talk about how Punk never did anything to help his "supposed best friend" to get into the WWE but Heyman did, play up a jealousy, scorned friend in Colt who has found an ally in Heyman. Have Punk battling Axel/Ohno/Cabana and maybe another guy, a heavy hitter like Mason Ryan or Leo Kruger or even sign D-Von Dudley with occasional Lesnar apperances to save Heyman from the direst of situations.

I'm an advocate of turning RVD.  I generally hate dredging up the remains of Extremely Crappy Wrestling, but it would make sense to bring some in as mercenaries for this angle.  As long as they don't bring in that unwatchable piece of shit Rhino.

I talked to a guy I work with about the Daniel Bryan feud with Randy Orton and he's a Randy Orton fan and he thinks that Bryan sucks.

Why?

It has nothing to do with their matches.

It has to do with a f*ckin' ringtone. He likes Orton's entrance music.

I swear you don't need a functioning brain to be a WWE fan nowadays.