DVDVR Message Board

I talked to a guy I work with about the Daniel Bryan feud with Randy Orton and he's a Randy Orton fan and he thinks that Bryan sucks.

Why?

It has nothing to do with their matches.

It has to do with a f*ckin' ringtone. He likes Orton's entrance music.

I swear you don't need a functioning brain to be a WWE fan nowadays.

I hope you gave him a flying knee and shouted "NO!" repeatedly after that conversation.

Nah, but I wish I did.

I asked him to name me one good match recently from Randy Orton and he couldn't come up with anything.

He also wants Steve Austin back in the WWE.

He's a bit special.

I honest to God don't see what anyone sees in Nattie as a professional wrestler. I see people on Twitter raving about her and bitching endlessly about how the "WWE is wasting her because she isn't a barbie doll!" and I don't get it at all. I've seen her in WWE, I watched her in Shimmer and I don't see it.

I was one of those people who argued that Nattie is a decent wrestler. I then realized that I could not come up with an actual match that was memorable and that was great that involved her. For all the talk about her 'Hart family bloodline,' she is a mediocre wrestler. If she were a male wrestler, she would be like The Miz basically.

One more thing on the AJ promo. There are fans that loved that THEIR girl (aka AJ, the girl they think they could realistically obtain) crapped all over the models (aka "useless" divas who they could never obtain).

I can't see how anyone thought AJ would be booed. I don't think she was meant to be booed at all.

• Like 1

The director really, REALLY fucked up missing the knee. Rollins bumped like crazy and it looks like it would have been amazing from a single cam. They should start showing his matches with less "cut-covering". He doesn't need it. Of course this instance was a missed cut entirely, but they rely on cuts to emphasize impact and with Bryan it is a disservice. The power bomb on Wade in the cage would have been even more gnarly without the cut.

I honest to God don't see what anyone sees in Nattie as a professional wrestler. I see people on Twitter raving about her and bitching endlessly about how the "WWE is wasting her because she isn't a barbie doll!" and I don't get it at all. I've seen her in WWE, I watched her in Shimmer and I don't see it.

I was one of those people who argued that Nattie is a decent wrestler. I then realized that I could not come up with an actual match that was memorable and that was great that involved her. For all the talk about her 'Hart family bloodline,' she is a mediocre wrestler. If she were a male wrestler, she would be like The Miz basically.

A couple weeks back when the ref missed the tapout and Nattie got up, wandered around the ring, shook the ref's hand(?), then went right back to the finish, literally my first thought was, "You're from one of the most legendary wrestling families ever. You've literally grown up in and around the business. Yet, you have absolutely NO IDEA how to improvise when a finish gets botched?"

I also always thought Nattie was good wrestler, at least by WWE Diva standards, but the more she's on TV the more she's exposed.

Any of my Nattie compliments is solely on a Divas scale. Nattie at least watched wrestling before becoming a Diva. She understands things like "emote anger/disgust when someone says means things about you" and "don't scream and blab when someone else is talking." She's not any good in terms of knowing how to execute things. I think she understands what a good match is, at least. She can't get there without someone holding her hand through it but she does know what's good.No one else on that show does. There's no way Jojo or Eva Marie watched wrestling before they ended up signed to a reality TV show. The same thing goes for The Bellas.

Any of my Nattie compliments is solely on a Divas scale. Nattie at least watched wrestling before becoming a Diva. She understands things like "emote anger/disgust when someone says means things about you" and "don't scream and blab when someone else is talking."

YOU JUST SKIP!  YOU JUST SKIP!  YOU JUST SKIP!

YOU JUST SKIP!

GO SKIP, SOMEWHERE!

• Like 2

If you search men's apparel on WWEShop and sort by "best selling", Bryan's new shirt is first, ahead of two CM Punk items and a Cena apparel package. I don't think he's having any trouble selling merch.

Not that the whole argument as to whether Bryan does or doesn't sell merch or not isn't stupid, but "best selling" is code for "Here's what we're pushing hard now" on web retailers.

I rewatched the Divas segment, and the AJ promo, and the Bellas and random skankwad #467 really come off like those girls on Maury Povich who scream at the audience from the minute they walk throught the door. AJ owned them all...

While the AJ segment was going on I pressed the SAP button to see if it would eliminate the Bellas audio, and it actually worked.

You're admitting to watching a divas segment on mute?

One more thing on the AJ promo. There are fans that loved that THEIR girl (aka AJ, the girl they think they could realistically obtain) crapped all over the models (aka "useless" divas who they could never obtain).

I can't see how anyone thought AJ would be booed. I don't think she was meant to be booed at all.

AJ would have to screw Bryan over to get booed right now. Even then the fans might still cheer her.

AJ would have to screw Bryan over to get booed right now. Even then the fans might still cheer her.

What if AJ decided to take up Paul Heyman on his marriage proposal from a year ago?

I asked him to name me one good match recently from Randy Orton and he couldn't come up with anything.

He also wants Steve Austin back in the WWE.

1. Orton's face run was as bland as you can get, but he is still consistently good in the ring.  He can elevate guys like RVD and hang with the Christians and Bryans of the world.  If you are looking for a good Orton match, check out everything he has done with those three names over the last month and a half.

2. Who the fuck doesn't want Austin back?

If you look purely at in ring stuff, I think you could make a case that Orton is a borderline top 5 guy in WWE right now. I think he is in that tier 1.5 with ADR and Sheamus, but behind guys like Bryan and Cena at the top. 

Nattie is bad and has always been bad, but people overlook it because she has the diva equivalent of indy cred. I think the issue with Nattie in my mind is not only can I not remember a noteworthy match from her, I can't remember any time I was interested in what she did outside of the ring. Say what you want about the Bellas, but at least I can remember them doing something every once in a while. 

• Like 1