DVDVR Message Board

If you look purely at in ring stuff, I think you could make a case that Orton is a borderline top 5 guy in WWE right now. I think he is in that tier 1.5 with ADR and Sheamus, but behind guys like Bryan and Cena at the top. 

Nattie is bad and has always been bad, but people overlook it because she has the diva equivalent of indy cred. I think the issue with Nattie in my mind is not only can I not remember a noteworthy match from her, I can't remember any time I was interested in what she did outside of the ring. Say what you want about the Bellas, but at least I can remember them doing something every once in a while. 

I wouldn't even want to talk about him before (in no order) Bryan, Cesaro, Cena, Punk, Show, Henry and probably Brock and Christian. That's if we're not counting Regal. 

If you look purely at in ring stuff, I think you could make a case that Orton is a borderline top 5 guy in WWE right now. I think he is in that tier 1.5 with ADR and Sheamus, but behind guys like Bryan and Cena at the top. 

Nattie is bad and has always been bad, but people overlook it because she has the diva equivalent of indy cred. I think the issue with Nattie in my mind is not only can I not remember a noteworthy match from her, I can't remember any time I was interested in what she did outside of the ring. Say what you want about the Bellas, but at least I can remember them doing something every once in a while. 

I wouldn't even want to talk about him before (in no order) Bryan, Cesaro, Cena, Punk, Show, Henry and probably Brock and Christian. That's if we're not counting Regal. 

Count the good matches in the last 12 months with Orton (or Del Rio), and then count the ones by Big Show and Henry.

I love both of them, but it's really not close.

Do Rollins and Reigns have actual finishers?  I guess Reigns' spear counts but I don't know if I've seen Rollins consistently use any one move to end matches aside from that top rope knee.  I know he's not going to be busting out the phoenix splash or God's Last Gift.  The other night he did bust out that really nasty looking inverted DDT that looked good.

Hard to fill out the different tiers of active talent (no Regal, Taker etc), but I'll at least try until I feel like Orton's name should come up.

Tier 1: Bryan, Punk, Cena, Cesaro, Brock

Tier 2: Christian, Del Rio

Tier 3: Orton, Rollins, Show, Sheamus, Henry

That's pretty damn good company and I wouldn't even mind sliding the entire tier 3 up to 2.  The next rung down is probably Dolph and a few other guys I can't think of right now.

That's funny.  I switched Henry and Del Rio before you posted, but yeah that didn't sit right with me either.  I'm rarely ever interested in Del Rio at all, but I remember the best of his matches with Show, Dolph and Christian more than other peoples high-end stuff.

Count the good matches in the last 12 months with Orton (or Del Rio), and then count the ones by Big Show and Henry.

I love both of them, but it's really not close.

You're right. Regal is definitely better than Orton and Del Rio too.

My rankings (taking out injured dudes, or Cena's close to the top): 1. Bryan 2. Punk 3. Cesaro 4. Rollins 5. ADR 6. Brock 7. Henry 8. Show 9. Ambrose 10. Christian 11. Reigns 12. Orton 13. Dolph 14/5. Usos

That is a friggin' STACKED roster right now and that's without Cena and Sheamus. Even guys like Wade and Darren Young and Ryback are really capable. I also didn't throw in the NXT guys or else Sami Generico, Regal and NXT-era Bray would make the list.When was the last time the roster was this deep? Smackdown Six era? They've been throwing out these awesome matches for months now. When was the last time they had a week of programming that didn't have at least one ***-ish type of match? There are so many matches (Bryan/Wade) that no one even thinks about that were amazing.

• Like 1

I think I feel more comfortable sliding my tier 2 and tier 3 together.  Rollins doesn't get enough love on this board.  No one is going to talk me in to adding or subtracting anyone from Tier 1, though.  

As of right now, I think Brock and Cesaro are our only hopes of breaking up the March Madness final.  

I think a case can be made for Generico ahead of Punk or Cena. Even Lesnar.

Yeah, whatever man...
Like I said I love Lesnar but he doesn't work enough and isn't as good against a variety of opponents. Generico can have a good match with nearly anyone on the roster. I have a hard time seeing say Kofi Kingston having a great match with Lesnar.

Zayn's had like five TV matches on NXT and three were against Cesaro. They were all really good (and the final one in the series was breathtaking). But Brock has insanely great matches on PPVs. It's a bigger stage. That matters.

I also throw in mic work/character stuff on my list. That stuff matters, too. Cesaro was just SO friggin' good in his matches that his mid-card slot doesn't matter. That's also why I love Henry and Show this year -- they do what they do and do it pretty much flawlessly.

It's also why I love ADR. He's such an awesome dickhead in the ring.

Do Rollins and Reigns have actual finishers?  I guess Reigns' spear counts but I don't know if I've seen Rollins consistently use any one move to end matches aside from that top rope knee.  I know he's not going to be busting out the phoenix splash or God's Last Gift.  The other night he did bust out that really nasty looking inverted DDT that looked good.

Those are their finishers. Rollins also has the blackout (his FCW finish)

Oh god, I can live with seeing Bryan being beat down week after week and the whole roster being made to look like cowards.

What I can not live with, is seeing Bryan being turned into goddamn Sheamus. That segment really pissed me off.

Oh god, I can live with seeing Bryan being beat down week after week and the whole roster being made to look like cowards.

What I can not live with, is seeing Bryan being turned into goddamn Sheamus. That segment really pissed me off.

It all started last week when Bryan uncharacteristically called Stephanie a whore.

It all started last week when Bryan uncharacteristically called Stephanie a whore.

I don't think he called her a "whore".  He implied "bitch" after she said he was a B+.  Good thing she thought he was better than a C+.