DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2016 UPCOMING MOVIE TYPE THINGS:

RIPPA

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Martin Scorcese is doing a film about America's first serial killer, H.H. Holmes, who will be played by Leonardo DiCaprio. 

I'm not sure if I want to see that or his adaptation of "I Heard You Paint Houses" first. Either way Scorcese needs to hurry the fuck up cause he's not getting any younger...

I'm eager to see that as well.  The story of Holmes is just... unbelievable. There's a great documentary about him on Netflix. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Martin Scorcese is doing a film about America's first serial killer, H.H. Holmes, who will be played by Leonardo DiCaprio. 

I'm not sure if I want to see that or his adaptation of "I Heard You Paint Houses" first. Either way Scorcese needs to hurry the fuck up cause he's not getting any younger...

The Irishman is likely going to be before that since STX Entertainment bought the international rights to it at the Cannes. I haven't heard any new news on The Devil in the White City in several months.

9 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

That shit is going to be great.  And what Tabe said.  the documentary on Neflix about Holmes is really good especially if you are into the true crime thing.

2 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

I just want to add some love for a Devil in the White City movie. I loved the book, and it should be an awesome movie. . . 

I wonder if they're going to keep the World's Fair half of the book or just focus on Holmes with the Fair stuff in the background?  That was an important part of history and the way they described it and Chicago were very interesting but it would be something that would require a massive budget.

Since I'm barely awake - I'm not checking myself but I could have sworn that they said it was basically all serial killer (with some basic World Fair stuff to set the mood)

4 hours ago, King Leonidas Of Sparta said:

Isn't Leo a bit old to play Holmes? He was hung when he was 34. Or Hollywood Magic~!?

That's either quite the autocorrect error or Leo hit puberty at a very late age. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Since I'm barely awake - I'm not checking myself but I could have sworn that they said it was basically all serial killer (with some basic World Fair stuff to set the mood)

Then someone should do a world's fair movie, because that stuff was great as well. . . 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

Then someone should do a world's fair movie, because that stuff was great as well. . . 

Fuckin' rights. It's been about 6 or 7 years since I've read it but I remember a lot of thematic overlap between the two plots. Particularly the gender and modernity themes.

20 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I can accept the interracial love story in this movie as being believable since my dad always tells me that I was THIS close to having a grandmother from Wiesbdaden.  Apparently German girls love the brothas.

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

I can accept the interracial love story in this movie as being believable since my dad always tells me that I was THIS close to having a grandmother from Wiesbdaden.  Apparently German girls love the brothas.

Just look at the US MNT, now full of German/Amercian players with servicemen fathers.