7 hours ago, J.T. said:

One of my favorite actors? Check.

Two of my favorite actresses? Check,

Adorable kid? Check.

Plot that will make me cry? Check.

Fuck this movie.

Needs more Ice Cube.

• Like 1

Looks like Scorsese is going forward with The Irishman as his next project. STX Entertainment bought the international rights to the film while Paramount retains the domestic rights.

• Like 1

Kong: Skull Island - March 10, 2017

Godzilla 2 - March 22, 2019

Godzilla vs. Kong - March 29, 2020

Since Godzilla 2 is now coming out in 2019 - Gareth Edwards will no longer direct

I don't see how a Vs. King Kong picture can possibly fit into the new Godzilla franchise.  The entire point of Kong is that he's small enough that he can interact with a human; this was re-emphasized in Peter Jackson's film, where they shrunk him a bit from the original 30s version, to keep him more physically plausible.  But the Gareth Edwards version of Godzilla is literally the size of a 50-story building.  The size disparity is ridiculous.  And you could get around that if this was a particularly goofy series, but the whole thing is presented with such dead-serious attitude that "well, Kong ate some radioactive mutagen and grew ten times his size" is simply not gonna cut it.  How are they gonna explain their way around this?  

maybe the new Kong movie will be a reboot and point out that Kong is just as large as Godzilla? It's not a sequel or continuation of the Peter Jackson film, right?

I know it's a new continuity, but still, my point is that Kong has always been portrayed as being way smaller than Godzilla in every single non-Japanese version of the character.  It just seems a lot harder for me to buy a 500-foot-tall primate than it is to buy a 500-foot-tall dinosaur.  And if you make Kong big enough to face Godzilla in a match of fisticuffs, then it means you've made him way too big to do his usual emotional bonding with shrieking blonde humans.  

HA! God the Assassin's Creed movie is going to suck

Spoiler

However, according to executive producer Pat Crowley, the new movie will get that balance flipped: 65% of the film will be spent in the present, where Fassbender’s character, Callum Lynch, is kidnapped and forced to live out the memories of his 15th century assassin ancestor—while a mere 35% of the film will take place in the past, showing him reliving those memories. Fans of the franchise are probably already groaning; after all, the modern side of Assassin’s Creed was never that great. It was merely an excuse to “explain” what the video game was actually about, which was going back in time, meeting interesting people, and then assassinating the bejeezus out of them.

I just spoiled for the ultra sensitive. If you have played the games - you definitely want to read that and take it as a warning

So...

Spoiler

The tail wags the dog. 

I never saw what was so bad about just having AC be a historical set piece where as mentioned before, descendants of the line of Altair meet interesting historical figures and assassinate the bejeezus out of them.

The sci-fi angle with Abstergo is just flat out confusing.

My 13-year old daughter is definitely a product of my DNA.

We saw the extended trailer for The Shallows while waiting for Civil War to start and when the shark fucking dofphined out of the water and bit that dude in half, she jumped to the edge bright eyed and her seat and said, "HEY DAD, CAN WE GO SEE THAT~?"

To which I replied, "WE SURE THE HELL CAN, KIDDO~!"

Life is beautiful.

• Like 1

5976.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

The new James Bond meets not the new James Bond. But which is which? And if they're both such huge stars, why aren't Thor movies the biggest thing since sliced Beatles?