DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2016 UPCOMING MOVIE TYPE THINGS:

RIPPA

13 hours ago, Raziel403 said:

Wait wait wait, are they in the fucking NX-01??

And why are they wearing Cool Leather Jackets, which doesn't fit the history of any Federation uniform ever?  

On 18-5-2016 at 0:58 AM, peterien said:

If its down to those 2 then yes, Elba is the clear choice. No offence to Hiddleston or anything,he's a great actor but looks wise he's a Q if anything. 

The nationality thing probably rules Fassbender out but he can bring the broodiness and intimidation factor if they go down a darker path than Craig has been. Elba/Hiddleston lighten the tone if anything in my opinion.

I agree. I don't really understand why people think Hiddleston would make a good Bond. He doesn't look the part at all. Elba would be great -- or Tom Hardy, but I think he's too 'big' an actor to be Bond. My dark horse bet is Richard Armitage, though.

The film stars Emma Watson as Belle, Dan Stevens as Beast, Ian McKellen as Cogsworth, Luke Evans as Gaston, Josh Gad as LeFou, Kevin Kline as Maurice (Belle’s father), Emma Thompson as Mrs. Potts, Gugu Mbatha-Raw as Plumette, the feather duster, Ewan McGregor as Lumiere, and Stanley Tucci as a grand piano named Cadenza.

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 7:28 AM, Technico Support said:

LOL That would be a good way to change the ending while saving face.  It could also add a new wrinkle to the story to hint that Roland has been through all this before, many times, and he has vague memories of the past(s) like deja vu, instead of the way King did it, which was to just spring it on us because he couldn't think of anything better and just wanted the damn thing done.

Just, please, keep King far away from the creation of the new ending.  The ending of the Dark Tower legit ruined King for me.  He was one of my favorite writers before that but after...not so much.

King has always been shit with endings. 

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 0:00 PM, Roman said:

I agree. I don't really understand why people think Hiddleston would make a good Bond.

Because he makes espionage look really sexy in The Night Manager but people don't realize that Cold War era Ludlum stuff is apples to oranges when compared to Bond material.

On 5/23/2016 at 10:50 AM, RIPPA said:

The film stars Emma Watson as Belle, Dan Stevens as Beast, Ian McKellen as Cogsworth, Luke Evans as Gaston, Josh Gad as LeFou, Kevin Kline as Maurice (Belle’s father), Emma Thompson as Mrs. Potts, Gugu Mbatha-Raw as Plumette, the feather duster, Ewan McGregor as Lumiere, and Stanley Tucci as a grand piano named Cadenza.

While skimming this I thought it said Dan Severn as Beast and was pumped, I mean the cast looks good and all but come on The Beast as Beast would've made it better right?

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

What

The

Fuck?

And is the feature length debut of Luke Scott, Ridley Scott's son.  

I want to know nothing else about this and see it as soon as possible.

I've heard a bit about Morgan but I will be avoiding the internet like the plague until it comes out. I want to know absolutely nothing else about it before it hits theaters.

This thing has a stacked cast (Kate Mara, Michelle Yeoh, Toby Jones, Paul Giamatti, Jennifer Jason-Leigh) so it should be awesome.  I know that Anya Taylor-Joy has an important role so this and The Witch will be her Alicia Vikander-esque jump-off performances.

The moment I realized I will not be able to watch this movie was the second she started screaming "DON'T PUT THAT ON ME! DON'T PUT THAT ON ME!"

Nope. Nope. Nope.

The Rock confirmed that he is going to be the titular character of a Shane Black directed Doc Savage movie..

I have a bad feeling this will turn out to be dreck or halfway decent camp like nearly every other retro offering like The Man From UNCLE. The Phantom, The Shadow, or The Lone Ranger.