DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Makes you wonder what they're going to book at WM32. Cena, Orton, Bryan, Cesaro, Rollins, Sting all injured. Lesnar v Reigns seems like a lock, but what else?

I'M GLAD YOU ASKED.

Let me find my journal...

• Like 6

I think we're overreacting here. Aren't Raw and Smackdown usually in 10-15,000 seat buildings?

A cheap seat there, especially with TV equipment obscuring vision, is a lot worse seat than a cheap seat in a 4,000 seat building for a house show.

So Randy Orton commented in his last instagram post that he did not need neck surgery and is progressing ahead of schedule. He might be back for Mania.

He also said don't believe anything that isn't posted on WWE.com

So yeah... whatevs Randy

I still don't get why they used Brock at a house show but not to pop a bigger number for the first Smackdown on USA.

Still goes back to the mentality that RAW is the A show. Cena showing up was a special treat. Brock showing up would be something unheard of for them (even though it used to be his show). I hope Mauro gets to call a match at Mania. Him calling a Brock match would put it over the top who ever Brock faces that night.

Part of it is probably also to help drum up house show support in general, plus people tend to buy more merch at house shows. More people at the show = more merch = more money. A higher Smackdown rating probably isn't going to do a whole lot.

I don't buy the notion that SD should be the b show just because it's taped. Raw was taped every other week at it's hottest and had direct competition. SD in my opinion was routinely the better show in the early part of the brand split. If they do something on SD that gets people talking, they will watch regardless of spoilers if it's a real hot angle, or maybe even just a simple title change if it's the right guy