DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I have not seen the movie but I know DDP sounds like he's trying to sell you aluminum siding even when he's at his most sincere. I'll hold my opinion until I've watched it, but he'd have to be a real douchebag to take advantage of his friends like that.

• Like 1

Has anyone seen "The Resurrection of Jake the Snake", yet? I've read some positive reviews, but a lot of people seem to think it's nothing more than a  glorified infomercial for DDP Yoga. 

To be fair, anything that details how Jake turned his life around is going to seem like an infomercial for whatever did it. From what DDP Yoga has done, it's basically a miracle program. 

I have not seen the movie but I know DDP sounds like he's trying to sell you aluminum siding even when he's at his most sincere. I'll hold my opinion until I've watched it, but he'd have to be a real douchebag to take advantage of his friends like that.

If DDP (the Yoga program or the man) has done a fraction of the good for Jake people say it/he has, Jake should shill yoga videos and mats until the day he dies.

• Like 1

I have DDP Yoga. It gets fucking brutal. I will admit to getting incredibly lazy and I'm probably at my most out of shape in the last few years, but I'm not THAT out of shape. It also super compensates for any injuries or difficulties you may have because DDP is showing you various ways to do the exercises based on whatever is hurting. The dietary stuff is whatever. I think you just need to find the best diet for you and stick with TDEE to figure out how much to eat. His dietary suggestions put you under your BMR.

I can't vouch for curing me of my addictions, but I think that's due more to DDP watching over Jake and Scott Hall like a hawk while being a compassionate person. As for trimming down and being in better shape, sure, I could see being religious about DDP Yoga contributing to that.

In hindsight, they should have kept Batista entering that Rumble a secret. If it were a surprise, the pop would drown out the Bryan cry babies.

No...no it probably wouldn't have.

His podcast is somehow even worse than his on screen persona in the past 5 years or so. He's such a dad boner.

martin_lawrence_smh_face.jpg

If 15 minutes of ads by a 45 year old dude trying to use hip, cool lingo and doing Paul Stanley impressions before finding a way to relate every story his guest tells into something about him is your thing, then more power to you. I think it is awful and that's actually what turned me against him more than his frequent and diminishing returns....returns. That and his twitter. So basically, another casualty of finding out the real person being the character is a twat. His mid life crisis behavior paints even his WCW stuff in a negative light for me now.

Batista had not been seen in years. If they save him for thirty, most of the fans forget Bryan exist til Raw.

Yeah, but regardless of when he appears, he looks like "the part timer they want us to like instead of Bryan." Does the timing change the reaction?

• Like 1

I'm so glad that someone just told Axel to act pretty much like he does on UpUpDownDown because he's not necessarily talkative, but he is entertaining, much like on UUDD. 

I have not seen the movie but I know DDP sounds like he's trying to sell you aluminum siding even when he's at his most sincere.

I always think of Foley talking about traveling with DDP and how he'd tell random tollbooth workers "If my life were any better I'd have to be twins just to handle it!" and how Abdullah the Butcher said that Page would succeed because he lives his gimmick.

Batista had not been seen in years. If they save him for thirty, most of the fans forget Bryan exist til Raw.

Yeah, but regardless of when he appears, he looks like "the part timer they want us to like instead of Bryan." Does the timing change the reaction?

That night I think would be fine. It would become an issue because he was so rusty. It did not help he was in the Rumble too early and seemed blown up in minutes. Some elements of the Bryan push were a perfect storm.

• Like 1

Maybe for a second until everyone realized what was happening, then back to the boos. 

I was always under the impression that the Batista thing was originally going to be a surprise, but he was accidentally announced in radio ads for house shows after the rumble. Once that got posted on the internet, they decided to try and get out ahead of it and announce it to drum up interest in his return.