DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2015 - WEEK SEVENTEEN

Dolfan in NYC

Just so odd they couldn't wait one more week

It seems like it was a player revolt ala Jim Harbaugh in San Fran. Chip's apologists could throw around the "Aw they're just punks" defense when it was the [consonant]eSeans that had a problem with him, but when Jason fuckin'  Peters is calling the whole situation nonsense, that's another story...

12-35 Gus Bradley will be retained as the head coach to finish out his contract in 2016.

Gus Bradley has the worst record of a head coach in the NFL. If the Jags win on Sunday and win their first two games in 2016 he will be the 5th worst coach in NFL history to coach 50 games. If they win two of their next three he will be the fourth worst and if they lose their next three games he will be the second worst coach in NFL history to reach his 50th game. In an era where coaching patience is low, that Gus Bradley will survive is somewhat amazing.

And yes I almost put this in NFL Stupidity

They bone up their defense between now and 2016 and they're a playoff dark horse. Yeah, I said it.

Honest question: do Philly fans miss Reid yet?

I'm already tired of the notion that the Chiefs making the playoffs this year is some sort of sign that we never should have let him go. He had his time here, then he burned out and it was time to move on.

Still a damn sight better than Chip though.

i've always been a fan of Chip Kelly's fast-gun approach to football, and i thought he made a hell of a coach.

then he lost his damn mind last offseason and thought it was a grand idea to trade off the most talented members of the team, bring in a rival RB, and start from scratch. i was skeptical, but willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

good riddance.