DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2015 - WEEK SEVENTEEN

Dolfan in NYC

I've watched tapes of old 70s games and pre-Blount rules it's a miracle anybody passed for a 200 yards. Receivers basically had to Greco Roman wrestle their way down the field just to get open. So stats from back then are like Deadball Era baseball. You can't look at them in modern context at all.

The other side of this is that modern passing stats are like Steroid Era baseball and should be treated with the appropriate skepticism.  Which I'm certainly on board with.

That's dumb. They're dumb. You gotta fire Grigson before you even think of firing Pagano. Who could coach that overpaid bunch of old timers to a good result, especially with Luck out?

Poor BLR. I suspect it gets worse before it gets better. Starting to think the good seasons were an aberration and this is not a solid organization.

It won't be dumb until he picks either a QB or a K, unless the guy is like a projected 5th rounder or something, anyone could pan out to be great. So, of course he'll draft like Joel Stave or something.

Speaking of the draft, the Titans wrap up the #1 overall pick with a loss on Sunday. If they win and Cleveland loses, the Browns pick #1.

Tennessee doesn't fall lower than 2 even if they win, where a Cleveland win could drop them as low as 4.

Seven teams are guaranteed to pick in the top ten, win or lose: Tennessee, Cleveland, San Diego, Dallas, San Francisco, Jacksonville, Miami

I doubt that. There are several interesting QB prospects in this year's draft - Goff, Lynch, Hackenberg - with much more upside than Manziel had showed. He really hasn't done anything to where I can see teams thinking he's some unpolished gem plus he has all the personal baggage. I'd call the Niners about Kaep before I'd even think about Manziel.

Your complete AFC playoff scenarios for Week 17

New England - Has clinched first-round bye; can wrap up home field with win over Miami or a Denver loss.

Denver - Win over San Diego gives them a first-round bye; would likely fall to #5 with a loss, with a slim chance that they could fall all the way to #6.

Cincinnati - Could move up to #2 if they beat Baltimore and Denver loses to San Diego; otherwise will remain at #3.

Houston - Pretty much locked in at #4 unless they lose to Jacksonville and the Colts win and hit the ridiculous parlay they need in order to get past Houston. Probably not happening.

Kansas City - Could move up to #3 if they beat the Raiders and Denver loses; already have playoff spot wrapped up

New York Jets - In with a victory over Buffalo. If they win and Kansas City loses, they could go up to the #5 spot.

Pittsburgh - Needs a victory over Cleveland and a Jets loss. Can only be the #6 team if they get in.

I think that covers everything. The NFC is much less complicated.

• Like 1

Your complete NFC playoff scenarios for Week 17. All of the playoff teams have been determined, it's just a matter of seeding.

Carolina - Clinched first-round bye; can wrap up home field with win over Tampa Bay

Arizona - Also clinched first-round bye; can jump to #1 with a win over Seattle and a Carolina loss

Washington - Locked into #4 regardless of what happens on Sunday

The other three spots are connected to the Seattle/Arizona and Minnesota/Green Bay games.

-Minnesota wins - Minnesota #3, Green Bay #5, Seattle #6 regardless of the results of the Seattle/Arizona game (Seahawks at Vikings, Packers at Redskins in WC round)

-Green Bay wins, Arizona wins - Green Bay #3, Minnesota #5, Seattle #6 (Seahawks at Packers, Vikings at Redskins)

-Green Bay wins, Seattle wins - Green Bay #3, Seattle #5, Minnesota #6 (Vikings at Packers, Seahawks at Redskins)

• Like 1

It won't be dumb until he picks either a QB or a K, unless the guy is like a projected 5th rounder or something, anyone could pan out to be great. So, of course he'll draft like Joel Stave or something.

He'll make another Justin Harrell type pick. Or God forbid Ahmed Carroll.

I'm sure there's a fat Nose Tackle with a history of lower back surgeries waiting to be drafted 6 rounds too high who will never play just sitting around.

Love watching pre game of Steelers vs Browns and they tell us that Johnny Idiot is out with a concussion and right next to it a claim that he was seen in Las Vegas  YESTERDAY.   

Can we just admit that the "concussion" is the same one most people got on New Years Eve   :lol: