DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2015 - WEEK SEVENTEEN

Dolfan in NYC

Conflicted Packers fan here

If the Packers win they play in Green Bay against either the Seahawks or Vikings

Lose and they get to go to the Redskins. Then I could go to the game.

I think I am going to root for them to lose and let the Vikings deal with the Seahawks

I'd much rather face the fucking Skins than Seattle or Minnesota again. At least it's someone we haven't faced this year, so losing would be something new and sad and not at home.

I'm just happy that there are 3 NFC teams I'm comfortable rooting for.

Though I guess I could go back to my childhood and root for the Jets again but I don't think Freeman McNeil is walking through that door.

Don't think it was mentioned in last week's thread, but the Browns are expected to fire GM Ray Farmer and keep Pettine around. 

My guess is that means it's curtains for Juan Futbol. 

12-35 Gus Bradley will be retained as the head coach to finish out his contract in 2016.

Gus Bradley has the worst record of a head coach in the NFL. If the Jags win on Sunday and win their first two games in 2016 he will be the 5th worst coach in NFL history to coach 50 games. If they win two of their next three he will be the fourth worst and if they lose their next three games he will be the second worst coach in NFL history to reach his 50th game. In an era where coaching patience is low, that Gus Bradley will survive is somewhat amazing.

And yes I almost put this in NFL Stupidity

Texans control their own destiny.  I'm not worried about the 8 other games that could go backwards and let the Clots limp into the playoffs.  If the Texans play like they have been, a win at home against Jacksonville is doable, and that kills the damn 10 game parlay.  Plus, we'd get to finish with a winning record, which, after Atlanta and Miami, seemed like a very distant dream. 

And, realistically, if Bill O'Brien can get this kind of winning production out of Brian Hoyer, Ryan Mallett, TJ Yates, and Brandon Weeden (and the continued success of Case Keenum, Ryan Mallett, and Ryan Fitzpatrick), what the hell can he do with a real QB?

Rumors of Drew Brees to the Texans next year are intriguing. 

Still don't get how an all-NFC tilt (Saints/Falcons) plays into the Colts playoff hopes.

It's because the Saints beat the Colts and lost to the Texans while the Falcons beat the Texans and lost to the Colts.  Since strength of victory is comprised of the total records of the teams you've beat, the Falcons beating the Saints on Sunday would result in a two game SoV swing for the Colts.