DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2015 - WEEK SIXTEEN

Dolfan in NYC

5th tie breaker is strength of victory -- aka the records of the teams you beat.  They're biggest win was vs Denver, and our biggest win is against Cincy.  So, if Cincy wins, it puts us over the top of strength of victory.  If Denver wins, certain teams need to win to put the Colts over the top (oh, and they have to beat Tenn and Texans have to lose to the Jags.  

So happy to be having this conversation at this time of year and not whatever conversation Burgundy LaRue is having.

Yeah, talking about playoff potential is a hell of a lot more enjoyable than talking about draft scenarios (like I've been doing at this time for the past two seasons).

I'm realistic.  Getting abused by whatever team gets the Colts in the first round isn't beneficial to the team.  A high draft pick can go to an offensive lineman so Luck doesn't suffer another lacerated kidney.  I'm trying to save a life here.

Even if they lost this week and next week - the Colts were going to be picking in the mid-teens. That isn't really "high"

I understand not winning the division since that technically puts you in with the playoff teams but again - this isn't like the area of the draft that teams like the Titans and Browns are looking at.

And seriously, you can pick a shitty player in the mid-teens as easily as you can in the top 5.

My point is that they ain't gonna win shit in the playoffs, so write off the final two games, fire Pagano like they want to do anyway, and put yourself in a position to have a decent 1st round pick.  I know it's not going to be a Top 5 pick--fully aware, thank you.  But try to get in the top half of the first round.  Every little bit helps. 

The team is a massive fuck-up and needs to be burned to the ground.  I'm just supplying the gasoline and matches.  Burn the witch, burn the bitch, throw the baby out--whatever.  Keep Luck, Hilton and Old Man Vinatieri.  Everyone else is fucking negotiable, including Grigson's sorry ass.

JUST DO SOMETHING BESIDES BEING FUCKING MEDIOCRE!

I'm gonna find a stray dog to kick.

Karmic justice as Rodgers tiptoes the sideline for five extra yards and then complains when he gets crushed with a legal hit inbounds, only to fumble a couple plays later for a touchdown.

And Clay Matthews offered Carson Palmer a help up after a big hit, only to pull the hand away. Douche move.

Clay Matthews needs to have his stringy hair pulled out by the roots. Dude is a shit stain.

If you believe a certain report going around his day could be coming sooner than you think.

Today was the first loss by more than 10 points since the Seahawks drafted Russell Wilson. It was also the first time in 63 games that they never had a lead at some point during the game. Rams outplayed them start to finish today, no denying it. If the Rams had a decent QB and WR they'd be a much more dangerous team.

Today was the first loss by more than 10 points since the Seahawks drafted Russell Wilson. It was also the first time in 63 games that they never had a lead at some point during the game. Rams outplayed them start to finish today, no denying it. If the Rams had a decent QB and WR they'd be a much more dangerous team.

Well they still haven't lost by 10 points... sucks to see the 63 games with a lead streak end.

Houston has not officially clinched. But they do so with ANY of these results, because of Strength of Victory or Strength of Schedule tiebreakers: Bengals over Broncos, Titans over Colts, Texans over Jaguars, Chiefs over Raiders, Bengals over Ravens, Chargers over Broncos, Saints over Falcons, Jets over Bills, Patriots over Dolphins.

Any of those results and Texans clinch. All of the results have to go backwards for the Clots to win the AFC South.

Hopefully, Cincy beats Denver Monday night and there's no suspense.