DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2015 - WEEK SIXTEEN

Dolfan in NYC

Apparently, from what I've seen on the Twitter, if Cincinnati beats Denver tomorrow, the Bengals clinch a first-round bye and the Texans win the AFC South.

Not sure how that second one is connected to a game between a team from the AFC North and a team from the AFC West, but there you go.

5th tie breaker is strength of victory -- aka the records of the teams you beat.  They're biggest win was vs Denver, and our biggest win is against Cincy.  So, if Cincy wins, it puts us over the top of strength of victory.  If Denver wins, certain teams need to win to put the Colts over the top (oh, and they have to beat Tenn and Texans have to lose to the Jags.  

So happy to be having this conversation at this time of year and not whatever conversation Burgundy LaRue is having.

• Like 2

Stupid Baby Horses--lose dang it!  Trying to make the playoffs does not help.

Oh shut the fuck up

I was cheering for the Fish!  CHEERING!

(flips off the DVDVR masses)

Kiss my fat ass! I hate all of you, anyway. (except for the Panther Kit Cat Club, who tend to be fine folk)

Dolphins job to Charlie the Tuna, neh!

5th tie breaker is strength of victory -- aka the records of the teams you beat.  They're biggest win was vs Denver, and our biggest win is against Cincy.  So, if Cincy wins, it puts us over the top of strength of victory.  If Denver wins, certain teams need to win to put the Colts over the top (oh, and they have to beat Tenn and Texans have to lose to the Jags.  

So happy to be having this conversation at this time of year and not whatever conversation Burgundy LaRue is having.

Yeah, talking about playoff potential is a hell of a lot more enjoyable than talking about draft scenarios (like I've been doing at this time for the past two seasons).

Yeah, talking about playoff potential is a hell of a lot more enjoyable than talking about draft scenarios (like I've been doing at this time for the past two seasons).

I'm realistic.  Getting abused by whatever team gets the Colts in the first round isn't beneficial to the team.  A high draft pick can go to an offensive lineman so Luck doesn't suffer another lacerated kidney.  I'm trying to save a life here.

Oh, I just got off a bus, and then the subway...

what happened in the Carolina/Atlanta game?

No, seriously, I've been obnoxious all year. Hat tip to Atlanta, they certainly earned it and outplayed AND ESPECIALLY outcoached us today.An L is an L, no excuses. On to Tampa.

I'm realistic.  Getting abused by whatever team gets the Colts in the first round isn't beneficial to the team.  A high draft pick can go to an offensive lineman so Luck doesn't suffer another lacerated kidney.  I'm trying to save a life here.

Even if they lost this week and next week - the Colts were going to be picking in the mid-teens. That isn't really "high"

I understand not winning the division since that technically puts you in with the playoff teams but again - this isn't like the area of the draft that teams like the Titans and Browns are looking at.

Even if they lost this week and next week - the Colts were going to be picking in the mid-teens. That isn't really "high"

I understand not winning the division since that technically puts you in with the playoff teams but again - this isn't like the area of the draft that teams like the Titans and Browns are looking at.

And seriously, you can pick a shitty player in the mid-teens as easily as you can in the top 5.

This Green Bay team just isn't good enough (I think that's been obvious for weeks now). I have zero playoff expectations this year.

At this point, I'm in the anybody but Seattle camp (I'd add the Vikings too, but they're always good for a hilarious playoff loss). Green Bay going on an outta nowhere run would be keen, but the likely Cards/Panthers NFC championship game should be epic.