DVDVR Message Board

Tables, Ladders, and Chairs VII

Dolfan in NYC

Trying to book Team BAD as the female version of the New Day is a recipe for disaster.  Sasha might be able to do it but Naomi & Tamina sure as hell can't.  And Sasha really shouldn't because the more she does that crap the less we get of NXT that was one of the best workers in the WWE

• Like 1

Lawler and JBL were terrible all night.

Please Cole was the worst of all of them. Apparently Sasha Banks has 3 or 4 moves called the Bank Statement and my favorite moment was Xavier yelling at Cole that it was Kalisto not Sin Cara

I can forgive him confusing two guys in masks dressed similarly. When he confused Ryback and Rusev, though,

Trying to book Team BAD as the female version of the New Day is a recipe for disaster.  Sasha might be able to do it but Naomi & Tamina sure as hell can't.  And Sasha really shouldn't because the more she does that crap the less we get of NXT that was one of the best workers in the WWE

At this point I think I'd enjoy seeing Sasha spend some time beating the crap out of her teammates while Charlotte beats the crap out of Becky and Paige beats the shit out of whatever other babyfaces are left leading to Sasha/Paige/Charlotte in a heel/heel/heel ecstasy of gold scenario.

Brock Lesnar is winning the Rumble, right? Surely they're not that stupid.

Um HHH-Roman is a lock for Mania based on tonight. So unless they're planning on Brock cashing in his Rumble win after Mania - or doing a screwy Bret-Austin deal - it could be anybody.

Surely they don't plan on copying Bryan and having Roman beat HHH and Brock on the same night. That would just be overkill even by Vince standards.

I would enter Brock early in the Rumble, let him dismantle half the roster, then murder Sheamus at Mania.

Just please don't give us Cena-Sheamus. I beg of you.

I know the roster is depleted but there is no way they waste Brock on Sheamus at Mania. That'd be insanity. If tonight showed anything, Sheamus is not the least bit over so keeping the belt on him any longer is pointless.

HHH-Roman at Mania is what everything points toward - or the only other possibility I see is Roman winning the title at Mania, Cena surprise return/win the Rumble and you do Roman-Cena.

Just disappointed. I said a few days ago that if Reigns lost, he would never pull off looking like a credible champion ever.

I stand by that, even after his little rampage of absolute impotence. I'm like "wow ... he really went crazy ... so why didn't he do that *during* the match and walk out champ?"

Lawler and JBL were terrible all night.

Please Cole was the worst of all of them. Apparently Sasha Banks has 3 or 4 moves called the Bank Statement and my favorite moment was Xavier yelling at Cole that it was Kalisto not Sin Cara
I can forgive him confusing two guys in masks dressed similarly. When he confused Ryback and Rusev, though,

Taz talked about Michael Cole drinking a lot of Jack Daniels way back when they did the Taz and Cole radio show. Who knows how many bottles he had with him behind the annouce desk. If I had Vince McMahon yelling in my headset for years, I'd be a raging alcoholic or dead.

The worst part about the Roman pop at the end was that they got the exact same pop at Survivor Series with like 5% of the effort and Sheamus didn't have the title. It is also very likely that they will undercut him in the next couple of weeks and crowds will be indifferent/hostile to Roman again by the Rumble.

They tried to sabotage Sasha in her hometown with that pre match skit. Opening ladder match was awesome. That could've been a star making match for Kalisto on the miniscule chance they want to push him. New Day are the best act in the company, and the easy 2015 WWE MVPs. Didn't watch the rest of the show, and have no interest in doing so in the future.

Booking aside, they did both bust their asses to win over a crowd that wasn't feeling it for 3/4 of the match. The only way this works going forward is with an even crazier brawl but I don't know if we didn't just see the best match possible between the two of them.

Roman's WM options are: 

1. Triple H

2. John Cena

3. Brock Lesnar 

I think beating Triple H's ass or beating John Cena's ass will both get him the reaction they are looking for. I think a rematch with Brock would be a mistake even though their match this year was awesome.

The only issue I have with Roman vs. Cena is that would mean Cena wins the Royal Rumble and nobody wants to see that.

The tag titles match was great and definitely a potential star making match for Kalisto.

I thought Sheamus/Roman was MOTN or at least would have been had Roman actually won. The post-match stuff was good and exactly how roman should have been booked long ago. Its ridiculous how they keep screwing things up with Reigns. At least the coming feud with HHH seems to open interesting possibilities for Wm.

If you put Roman in matches against guys like Triple H or Cena, you are basically throwing away a year worth of booking on him and destroying his character.   The whole purpose of Rollins winning the title at WM in my opinion was that Reigns would fight like a dog to get at next WM.   So now Rollins is gone well you still have the issue with him never beating Lesnar and Lesnar never beating him. 

I mean what the hell could you possibility do with Reigns if he isn't a champion after WM

Goddammit I'm sick of heel champs. has there been a baby face champion with a real title run other than John Cena at any time since like 2008? That's like there are kids who are now 18 and they haven't had a face to cheer who's not Cena since they were 9 or 10.

Fucking get this right!

If you want until Summerslam to finally pull the trigger on Reigns as a champion, you really to be extremely creative to keep him interesting in that 3 or 4 months between WM and Summerslam.   something I don't really trust with this company

Besides are we now assuming that the Rock isn't going to be at WM because the plan from the beginning was Triple H vs Rock this year.  Also if you want Cena to be the champion then now you are stuck with nothing for Taker because I thought the plan was Cena vs Taker

This idea that you can drag the Reigns title run forever and it won't kill him is just baffling to me.   

• Like 1

Alberto/Swagger was pretty good, would've been cool to finally have Swagger go over for once but pretty good finish. Very disappointed by the ECW match. Should've been an old school ECW style brawl with fighting through the crowd and all over the place, all sorts of interference, lights going out, more weapons. Of course they only tease us with the flaming tables finish. Hoped the ECW guys would do better than only getting one elimination. The attempted double turn with Charlotte/Paige hasn't worked very well. I like Charlotte better as a face and Paige never really did anything to turn yet again. Crowd was dead with no one to cheer for there. Main event was pretty good and I liked that the crowd finally got in to it for Reigns last climb, too bad he didn't win it. Post match was great and finally felt like something important happened on the show. Crowd finally got behind Roman in the end. In addition to the Cena/Punk/Bryan/NXT chants mentioned, there was also a "We Miss Rollins" chant. Definitely figure Reigns/HHH is a Mania match rather than the Rumble since HHH usually works Mania not the Rumble but I guess they could do it either way. Overall felt like mostly a nothing show until the post match closing angle. Also stood out that Ambrose was the only babyface win of the entire night.

Aside from Ryback-Rusev, I really liked this show. Best match was the tag team opener, which went a long way towards establishing Kalisto as something really special. The main event was my second favorite, and probably Roman's best match since Mania. He definitely turned a corner tonight. Don't really get some of the hate, on here. DVDVR must be in grumpy old man mode, tonight.

• Like 1

Opening Ladder match was Insane and the closing angle had everyone I watched it with loving it wanting to see where they go from here. Hopefully they don't fuck it up but they probably will.

I hope if Brock is in the Rumble he has some interaction with all 3 members of New Day.

That crowd was shitting on Roman when he came out.

That crowd made you think Roman was 86 Hogan when he walked out at the end.

That worked.

If you mean by 86 Hogan that the fans were booing him the whole match and cheering Sheamus in the Macho Man rolle at MSG then I think you eed a better comparison. He came off more like 86/87 Steamboat during the Mach Man feud.

James