DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL: WEEK NINE

RIPPA

The guy whose banner that Cam tore down and stole has filed a theft complaint with the police. The Panthers say they'll try to make it up to the guy. Banner reportedly cost $500.

The guy whose banner that Cam tore down and stole has filed a theft complaint with the police. The Panthers say they'll try to make it up to the guy. Banner reportedly cost $500.

He's lucky Cam only torn down the banner. In Oakland they would have knifed him. . . .

What a massive dickbag. I hope they pay him for it in pennies.

Well, considering it IS a felony...

Oh come on, that's absurd. If you bring a sign to a sporting event, it's implied it's fair game and if you bring an opposing sign to a game and a (home team) player tears it down that's just the universe correcting itself.

The real problem here is that our punk ass fanbase allowed that to happen. Try that shit in Oakland. Or Kansas City. Or Boston. See how that goes for you.

• Like 1

Oh come on, that's absurd. If you bring a sign to a sporting event, it's implied it's fair game and if you bring an opposing sign to a game and a (home team) player tears it down that's just the universe correcting itself.

The real problem here is that our punk ass fanbase allowed that to happen. Try that shit in Oakland. Or Kansas City. Or Boston. See how that goes for you.

In North Carolina, taking any property directly from someone - regardless of value - is a felony.

Not that I think Cam should be charged or anything but I am truly mystified by the idea that it should be OK for a player to destroy or, in this case, steal a fan's property.

You've got to draw a line somewhere, I guess. Maybe make a rule where you can't hang stuff without stadium permission, otherwise you just have to keep it on you. I doubt Cam would've taken it straight from a dude's hands.

"Cam stole my sign, I'm going to press charges," could be translated to, "I'm a grown ass man without a lick of dignity."  Did we get rid of all the cool uncles?  This is one of those things you should talk to your cool uncle about just so he can look at you and say, "maybe you should stop being a bitch."

• Like 1

Wells Fargo  Charlotte HQ isn't far from the stadium.

Ah, David Amerson.  Even as bad as the Skins secondary is, I still don't miss you.

I hated it when the Skins drafted him. I saw him play in college and he was completely overrated. I remember him getting beat for 4 touchdowns in one game when NCST played Miami.

I think taking a sign to a sporting event falls under the same 'rules' as taking a sign to a wresting show. If the heel (or, in this case, the hometown face) rips it up, then that's FUCKING AWESOME, and the risk you take. I think, if you can afford to drop $500 bucks on a sign, then you can afford to write it off as a great story. I might feel different if Cam had done it in Green Bay, because that's kind of a dick move, but if you bring it to his house, well, you're at fault.