DVDVR Message Board

NXT 10/22/15 TAPINGS (Airing 11/4/15)

RIPPA

Okay - This is for 11/4 ONLY

For the TV show that airs November 4th: 

Asuka beat Cameron with the Asuka lock.  Went too long for a one-sided match.

Bull Dempsey beat Angelo Dawkins. 

Eva Marie beat Marley (who used to be Gionna Daddio).  Fans hated Eva Marie.

Finn Balor went to a no-contest with Apollo Crews in the NXT title match. Baron Corbin came in and attacked both men.  Samoa Joe first made the save, but then turned and hit the muscle buster on Balor.  Pretty good match until the finish.

• 2 weeks later...

Asuka vs. Cameron was so much fun. Asuka just killing people rules. Loved Gable calling their team the World's Greatest Tag Team before Jordan saying nonono... Eva Marie vs. The Un-named Cute Blonde was fun, while Crews vs. Finn was good enough to show you what they COULD do in a Takeover match while still having Baron Von Wolfie interfere and then Joe come out and turn on Finn.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/11/nxt-11-4-15.html

Screens - 

973093444925065.jpg 

I don't which  Izzy face is funnier

c2a59d444925105.jpg 

37fae6444925113.jpg 

962bbe444925069.jpg 

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/0jb3kt7l1b35afn1dqr4ys0pw2ixh7xi

Asuka carrying Cameron to something pretty dang fun was great. Gable and Jordan acknowledging the Angle/WGTT stuff was funny. Izzy looking like she was desperately trying to cop a feel on Finn was funny too.

But that main event match/angle was really great. First of all, Crews is the fucking best. Well, him and Gable. Anyway, back to Apollo, I love that dude. He's a great pinball bumper on top of being pretty to watch on offense. I think that was my favorite Finn match, actually. They gave just enough of a taste of what's to come for the eventual rematch, and I think Finn and Crews have awesome chemistry. Their really choreographed-looking stuff didn't actually look choreographed when they did it against one another; it just looked really slick and really cool. Corbin coming down after the double knockdown was awesome, and the Joe turn just topped it off. Crews/Corbin is interesting and Bálor/Joe should have some good heat behind it, but I just want Crews/Bálor 2 soon. If Crews isn't WWE WHC by about WM 36, the company done did fucked up something awful. What a star. 

Gable and Jordan's backstage promo was the best.

Asuka is so awesome. She breaks out new shit we haven't seen on NXT every week.  She's a must watch.

Eva Marie had new white in-ring gear. She is a star.

The post-match angle stuff was great. I can't wait to see Joe and Balor but mostly for Joe being a killing machine.

Asuka is so great that slap counter into armbar was a thing of beauty. Cameron didn't look half bad either. Eva Marie is complete dog shit at everything. I don't know who the jobber was she faced, but she was 10 times better than Eva. Really good performance from Balor I thought. I enjoyed the match more than I thought I would mostly due to stuff like Balor working holds to keep Crews grounded.  Crews is pretty much a guy that brings movez to the table and little else. Too much leg slapping too many times getting up fresh as a daisy late in matches. It got rushed and spotty towards the end, but overall a fun match.

Asuka is so great that slap counter into armbar was a thing of beauty.

Not even kidding when I say I jumped out of my chair when she pulled that off.  That was almost a fucking magic trick.  Absolutely love her.  She has more personality saying nothing than 99% of the roster. 

Asuka doesn't need to promo, her ring work is good and her mannerisms excude personality. I am not into Asian women at all, but I find her pretty attractive. All-in-all, she is a good pick-up and I hope she goes far. The Cameron match didn't go 'too long' as the spoiler indicated and was fun while it lasted. I hope the 'biting the mask' isn't Asuka's video game entrance WWE wants all of its wrestlers to do.

Cameron didn't come off as dog shit, and there is SOME hope.

I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone do as good a job as Asuka has of coming into NXT and making short matches great. Are squashes done much in Japan? It seems like the sort of thing she wouldn't necessarily have a lot of experience in, but she's nailed it so far. That counter was just amazing. I can't tell if Cameron was doing well to keep up with everything Asuka was doing to her or if she was just being thrown around, but everything looked really crisp, even the butt-to-the-face attacks.

Dawkins/Dempsey was just there.

Promos for Mechanics and Vaudevillains were just ok, but I'm looking forward to the match.

In a company where seemingly half the roster does some type of side kick variation on the regular, I'm not sure I've ever seen one that looked as bad as Eva Marie's. And her new finisher...honestly, if it's more metabooking and it's intentionally awful to keep garnering more boos, than bravo to the NXT team for making chicken salad out of Eva Marie, but she's still terrible.

I was not expecting to like Finn/Crews as much as I did, to the point where I was pissed when Corbin came out, even if it does make perfect sense.

Eva's new finisher... Woof.

I wish NXT had a richer tag team history so someone other than the Ascension could be used for a rub.

I liked the main until the finish. It was basically two CAWs with maxed out attributes trading moves, which is kinda how both guys (especially Crews) are built up. Felt like a NJ juniors match at times, in a good way. The ending angle doesn't seem like it'll make a ton of sense. Why is Corbin going to be content to let Joe get the title shot while he dicks around with Crews for nothing (maybe a #1 contender spot if he's lucky)? There's probably better ways to get there, but heel Joe vs. Finn Balor is money.

It's a shame Gionna Daddio can't use her real name because it's probably the most NXT Name Generator name ever.  Marley sounds like some Disney live action dog movie name.  

Fox Studios, but close http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0822832/?ref_=nv_sr_2

Asuka/Cameron was a blast. Asuka is such a captivating performer to watch and truly makes it must-see whenever she is on. I've always been a fan but didn't expect her to so quickly become one of the best acts in the company. She's right up there with Sasha and Becky on my favorites to watch. Not much else but Asuka just kills it every time. I liked Joe/Balor as a team so don't care for the turn yet. Balor still comes off like a star always, especially in the high-profile matches, even without the Demon getup I think he's money.

Not even kidding when I say I jumped out of my chair when she pulled that off.  That was almost a fucking magic trick.  Absolutely love her.  She has more personality saying nothing than 99% of the roster. 

Being fair, since a slap would be one of the simplest moves to counter into an armbar, a lot of just how beautiful it is less "Asuka's so amazing in the ring" and more "The production crew at NXT should mark exactly where the camera was in comparison to where Cameron and Asuka were in the ring, then inform the WWE production team that this is the spot the camera has to film the start of Alberto Del Rio's armbar at from now on". It was incredibly crisp, but this also had a lot of just how well it was placed to make camera to make a simple transition look amazing.

Asuka continues to be all kinds of awesome. You know they are not going to be able to resist a "butt-off" between her and Naomi, once she gets to the main roster lol Cameron looked pretty good out there too. I've always said that she had the character stuff down. It was the in-ring stuff that was sometimes cringeworthy. 

Eva Marie/Marley was another fun squash. I'm digging The Red Queen.

Being fair, since a slap would be one of the simplest moves to counter into an armbar, a lot of just how beautiful it is less "Asuka's so amazing in the ring" and more "The production crew at NXT should mark exactly where the camera was in comparison to where Cameron and Asuka were in the ring, then inform the WWE production team that this is the spot the camera has to film the start of Alberto Del Rio's armbar at from now on". It was incredibly crisp, but this also had a lot of just how well it was placed to make camera to make a simple transition look amazing.

I'll give you that the camera angle was probably the best it could have been, but that still doesn't explain the crowd being about a second behind the action, then flipping out when they realized what had just happened.  Clearly it was amazing from any angle.