DVDVR Message Board

2013: UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/RUMORS/ETC

Dolfan in NYC

Every Expendables movie is always fascinating just to see how much more Stallone/Schwarzenegger can continue to mess up their faces with all that surgery.

Also, Kelsey frigging Grammer? I must have missed all those action movies he did in the '90s and/or his contribution to the world of Mixed Martial Arts.

Stallone should get Daniel Day Lewis in the next one.

"Sylvestor, what's my motivation here?"

"Well, you know, you're Bruiser. An evil Yugoslavian henchman. He shoots people and stuff."

"Yes. But why is Bruiser so evil? What happened to make him so corrupt? Did he have issues with his father, perhaps?"

"He...he just shoots people."

Stallone should get Daniel Day Lewis in the next one.

"Sylvestor, what's my motivation here?"

"Well, you know, you're Bruiser. An evil Yugoslavian henchman. He shoots people and stuff."

"Yes. But why is Bruiser so evil? What happened to make him so corrupt? Did he have issues with his father, perhaps?"

"He...he just shoots people."

"Is this something dwelling deep inside him, though?"

"Fuck it, get Aidan Gillen!"

I don't have time to post it now, but there was a trailer for Neighbors in front of Anchorman 2 and it looks hilarious. I was dying laughing at the Robert DeNiro party bit and James Franco's brother threatening Seth Rogen by saying he violated the circle of trust.

I posted the trailer awhile ago and I remember thinking "God - this really is just Zac Efron playing himself isn't it?"

I also was ashamed that I laughed at the air bag bit

Why do guys keep quoting that Kevin Costner trailer? Here...

John Cassavetes did some awesome movies. His son...not so much. Probably should've stuck with character acting. Also, Cameron Diaz is in full won't-turn-down-anything mode. But hey....titties.

We need more Kate Upton mid boob bounce.

Why do guys keep quoting that Kevin Costner trailer? Here...

John Cassavetes did some awesome movies. His son...not so much. Probably should've stuck with character acting. Also, Cameron Diaz is in full won't-turn-down-anything mode. But hey....titties.

We need more Kate Upton mid boob bounce.

You raise a good point sir.

Paul Rudd is going small for his next big movie role.

Marvel Studios announced Thursday that the Anchorman star has been cast to star as the shrinking superhero of Ant-Man. The movie, directed by Edgar Wright (The World's End) and slated to kick off the "Third Phase" of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, opens in theaters July 31, 2015.

Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige said in a statement that Wright had the idea to have Rudd headline the movie. "When he not only agreed to do it but became as enthusiastic as any actor we'd ever met with about doing the work, we knew we'd found the right guy. We couldn't be more excited for our audiences to see what he's going to do to bring Ant-Man to life."

What remains to be seen is which Ant-Man Rudd will be playing. Hank Pym, Marvel Comics' original Ant-Man, first appeared as the character in 1962's Tales to Astonish No. 27 and was one of the charter members of the Avengers when the group debuted a year later. In recent years, though, Scott Lang has worn the helmet and spandex of the tiny hero — he's currently starring in the pages of FF.

Wright first showcased test footage of the shrinking visual effects to fans at a Marvel presentation at Comic-Con in 2012. The director also co-wrote the Ant-Man screenplay with Joe Cornish.

Source: http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2013/12/19/paul-rudd-ant-man-movie/4137165/

The other day I was thinking who would be the modern day equivalent of Michael Keaton being cast as Batman, I came up with Paul Rudd. However I don't know how well Ant-Man will appeal to audiences. 

I don't like that Nicki Minaj's horrible line delivery took away time that could been spent on said breasts.

I am more amused that you can now directly connect Nicki Minaj to Kate Upton

And that both are probably only one step from Kevin Bacon now