DVDVR Message Board

2013: UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/RUMORS/ETC

Dolfan in NYC

I'm actually kind of surprised that Nicki Minaj is so bad at delivering lines. I don't really watch her do anything outside of her music, but I figured since she's so adept at playing Nicki Minaj she'd just be a half decent actress. 

I'm actually kind of surprised that Nicki Minaj is so bad at delivering lines. I don't really watch her do anything outside of her music, but I figured since she's so adept at playing Nicki Minaj she'd just be a half decent actress. 

That is not acting though and it's obviously different from case to case. Have you seen how terrible those State Property movies are? And those guys have more acting experience than her. They have been people that have done more with less as far the script and the director go, but that's a select few considering the number of musicians/artists that actually do it.

I saw her listed under the credits for this movie about four months ago on Movie Insider and my first thought was "uh oh". The only thing she could do is stick out like a sore thumb unless she was actually cast as Nicki Minaj, and she was casted as the wacky and sassy friend like I had assumed.

I would have figured she would have at least figured out how to deliver lines to people like you're actually having a conversation with them. I'm not saying she could be Natalie Portman or anything, just at least have the basic concept down, when your business is so entrenched in media  and selling yourself. Those couple of lines they tossed in there for her looked like her face didn't know what the words were doing coming out of her mouth. It's not that I'm surprised that she's bad, it's that she's...THAT bad. 

Maybe some asshole took her worst deliveries and tossed them in a trailer because she wouldn't sign his CD....I'll never know since the chances of me watching it are 0%, so maybe this conversation is useless. :)

I'll never know since the chances of me watching it are 0%, so maybe this conversation is useless. :)

I guarantee if that trailer had Ziggler bumping around the beach, instead of Kate Upton bouncing around the beach you'd watch it.

I gotta say, that looks........terrible.  Pains me to say that.  The first How to Train Your Dragon is one of my all-time favorite movies.  Love, love, love it.  This sequel?  That just looks like a mess.

IMO, when it comes to musicians-turning-into-actors, I've noticed rappers tend to be far superior to most (Vanilla Ice, not withstanding).

Janusz Kaminski, possibly the best DP ever, did Cool as Ice and that kills me still.

John Cassavetes did some awesome movies. His son...not so much. Probably should've stuck with character acting. Also, Cameron Diaz is in full won't-turn-down-anything mode. But hey....titties.

Just because there was a page without Kate Upton's boobs.

• Like 1

I hate how everytime there is a new movie out from a familiar story or character its always shit like "Mitty" or "Paddington" or countless other examples. Like somehow just using one word of a familiar title is more stunning or some shit. 

The Doctor is in.

Dracula_Back.jpg

ACULA

October 13, 2014