DVDVR Message Board

2013: UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/RUMORS/ETC

Dolfan in NYC

Friends also don't let friends watch Drew Barrymore movies (except the first scene of Scream.)

Although it isn't technically a Drew Barrymore movie, and it somewhat bastardizes roller derby, Whip It is pretty good.

Aw, no love for 50 First Dates?

I liked that one.  Loved Music and Lyrics and The Wedding Singer.  Barrymore isn't particularly great or irreplaceable in any of them but I was entertained by the movies nonetheless.

See. I like that kind of trailer. Just give me a quick monologue that kind of sums up some themes, and don't give me every fucking scene in the movie in chronological order, summed up in two and a half minutes.

video

See. I like that kind of trailer. Just give me a quick monologue that kind of sums up some themes, and don't give me every fucking scene in the movie in chronological order, summed up in two and a half minutes.

Sadly, it's been proven over and over again that the more explicit a trailer is about spelling out a movie, the more likely it is to succeed.  Why?  Fuck if I know.

I don't have time to post it now, but there was a trailer for Neighbors in front of Anchorman 2 and it looks hilarious. I was dying laughing at the Robert DeNiro party bit and James Franco's brother threatening Seth Rogen by saying he violated the circle of trust.

video

Sadly, it's been proven over and over again that the more explicit a trailer is about spelling out a movie, the more likely it is to succeed.  Why?  Fuck if I know.

As always, case in point, Double Jeopardy.

video

As always, case in point, Double Jeopardy.

That fucking movie and it's complete lack of understanding what its title phrase means.

Every Expendables movie is always fascinating just to see how much more Stallone/Schwarzenegger can continue to mess up their faces with all that surgery.

Also, Kelsey frigging Grammer? I must have missed all those action movies he did in the '90s and/or his contribution to the world of Mixed Martial Arts.

Stallone should get Daniel Day Lewis in the next one.

"Sylvestor, what's my motivation here?"

"Well, you know, you're Bruiser. An evil Yugoslavian henchman. He shoots people and stuff."

"Yes. But why is Bruiser so evil? What happened to make him so corrupt? Did he have issues with his father, perhaps?"

"He...he just shoots people."

Stallone should get Daniel Day Lewis in the next one.

"Sylvestor, what's my motivation here?"

"Well, you know, you're Bruiser. An evil Yugoslavian henchman. He shoots people and stuff."

"Yes. But why is Bruiser so evil? What happened to make him so corrupt? Did he have issues with his father, perhaps?"

"He...he just shoots people."

"Is this something dwelling deep inside him, though?"

"Fuck it, get Aidan Gillen!"

I don't have time to post it now, but there was a trailer for Neighbors in front of Anchorman 2 and it looks hilarious. I was dying laughing at the Robert DeNiro party bit and James Franco's brother threatening Seth Rogen by saying he violated the circle of trust.

I posted the trailer awhile ago and I remember thinking "God - this really is just Zac Efron playing himself isn't it?"

I also was ashamed that I laughed at the air bag bit