DVDVR Message Board

2013: UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/RUMORS/ETC

Dolfan in NYC

I just want to know where, in this seemingly unending stream of 80s nostalgia comebacks, the gritty Highlander reboot is?That material is too good to be lagging in direct to DVD hell.

If they set this in present day, I just want to see how he keeps his identity a secret in the modern age of smart phones, social media, surveilance cameras, and data redundancy in public records.

I was just gonna say, going through the titles, next summer doesn't look so great as far as stuff that could make a lot of money. Fast & Furious 7, Transformers movie... um, How To Train Your Dragon 2... and then not much.

You've still got Guardians of the Galaxy in August.  I think that too much time has gone by for anyone to give a shit about the Sin City sequel, but the Planet of the Apes joint may surprise people like the second installment did.

I am still on the fence about The Rock's Hercules movie.  I think it may end up as second bannana to the FF film like Snitch, Pain + Gain, and GI JOE did when FF6 was out.

I was just gonna say, going through the titles, next summer doesn't look so great as far as stuff that could make a lot of money. Fast & Furious 7, Transformers movie... um, How To Train Your Dragon 2... and then not much.

I guess it depends on when you start - I mean Captain America coming out in April kinda really starts the season early

Amazing Spider-Man 2 could since it is getting that first week of May headstart

X-Men will do well

Apparently, I also have an inner gay boy, that is, like Dolfan's, going apeshit over that Maleficient trailer. It's a little confusing because he's also fighting with my inner straight boy,for which Angelina Jolie has been the #1 object of his desire since he learned what to do about that funny feeling.

I thought Jolie was going to be perfect, but those shots of her in that trailer exceeded everything I imagined. The story could be total crap and it doesn't matter. Just more shots of Jolie looking evil as hell please.

DELAYS~!

Independence Day sequel moved from July 3, 2015 to July 1, 2016

50 Shades of Grey - which I think would have had to have been in the Summer Pool no matter what - moved from August 2014 to Valentine's Day 2015

I guess it depends on when you start - I mean Captain America coming out in April kinda really starts the season early

Amazing Spider-Man 2 could since it is getting that first week of May headstart

X-Men will do well

It's all about those comic book movies plus Guardians of the Galaxy. Summer 2015 is a big one (Batman-Superman, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Terminator 5, Jurassic World and Ant-Man) not and the films later on that year, the new James Bond, Hunger Games and Star Wars films.

AND THE LORD SAID: "LET THERE BE AWESOME!"WHAM KERPOW EXPLOOSH~!!NOAH: NOT OUR FATHER'S BIBLE STORY!!!

That looks terrible.

You know what would have been good? Jeff Nichols' NOAH. With Michael Shannon (of course). He'd be all like "THERE'S A STORM A COMIN!" and they'd be all like "OH NO-AH! YOU SO CRAZY!" And he'd build an arc in his back yard and try to get different animals to cohabitate while his wife is all "I'M TAKING THE KIDS TO LIVE WITH MY MOM" or something.

• Like 1

AND THE LORD SAID: "LET THERE BE AWESOME!"WHAM KERPOW EXPLOOSH~!!NOAH: NOT OUR FATHER'S BIBLE STORY!!!

That looks terrible.

You know what would have been good? Jeff Nichols' NOAH. With Michael Shannon (of course). He'd be all like "THERE'S A STORM A COMIN!" and they'd be all like "OH NO-AH! YOU SO CRAZY!" And he'd build an arc in his back yard and try to get different animals to cohabitate while his wife is all "I'M TAKING THE KIDS TO LIVE WITH MY MOM" or something.

I got this and thought it was hilarious. The rest of you clowns need to watch Take Shelter.

I don't know a whole lot about Noah. How long is the actual Bible story and how close is the trailer to that story?

As usual, there are many different versions of the Noah story, this movie will probably fall somewhere in the "somewhat faithful, but more spectaular" camp, along the lines of "Prince of Egypt"

I don't know a whole lot about Noah. How long is the actual Bible story and how close is the trailer to that story?

It's in the neighborhood but with lots of major changes.

Still...Emma Watson, Russell Crowe, Jennifer Connelly, and the one dude from King Arthur?  Sign me up!  Only drawback, really, for me is Darren Aronofsky.  His stuff is really hit (The Wrestler) and miss (Black Swan and Requiem for a Dream) for me.

My biggest issue with Aronofsky is the fact that he tends to run away from movie projects when they are just about ready to start filming. Proving him to be very unreliable to film executives that are looking for someone to direct block-busters. I guess this will be the one to show them he's capable of directing big pictures. 

As usual, there are many different versions of the Noah story, this movie will probably fall somewhere in the "somewhat faithful, but more spectaular" camp, along the lines of "Prince of Egypt"

That's really all there is in the OT story. There isn't much drama to it. There definitely aren't any real villains. He gets heckled for a while, but nobody ever mounts an attack against him, or whatever is going on in that trailer.

Also, there were no flaming magic swords, that I'm aware of, so my only explanation for that is Paramount is launching it's answer to the Marvel Cinematic Universe with Bible characters and Noah is going to borrow that sword from the angel Yhwh posted at the entrance of Eden after he kicked Adam and Eve out, thereby setting up his spin-off movie where they fill in the gaps of what he's been up to for the past 6,000 years.