DVDVR Message Board

2013: UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/RUMORS/ETC

Dolfan in NYC

Apparently, having sex with a car wasn't enough of an idiosyncrasy for Cameron Diaz's character in "The Counselor": The Hollywood Reporter says that Diaz also had to re-record her dialogue because her Barbadian accent was too over-the-top.According to THR, Diaz "originally voiced [her character] with a full-on Rihanna-style accent." But studio executives reportedly hated it, and forced the actress to dub all her lines in post-production, changing the accent to "a relatively subtle Barbados lilt."Diaz was apparently pretty displeased with the decision, and honestly, so are we.

I wish I was there when those execs saw some of that footage. If she doesn't get a Razzie award for the post-redub version, she DEFINITELY would have got one for this debacle. 

Some Terminator 5 rumors.

Looks like Thor: The Dark World's Alan Taylor is the director.

Hollywood Reporter says Emilia Clarke, Brie Larson and Margot Robbie will be testing for the role of Sarah Connor. 

Garrett Hedlund will be testing for Kyle Reese.

They say Alan Taylor's choice for John Connor is Tom Hardy.

Arnold Schwarzenegger will be back as a Terminator robot in a time-spanning story that sees him tasked to protect Sarah Connor as she grows up.

No idea what's going on with this Sarah stuff but my hope is that Reese and John will exist in 2029. For the love of god, put the future war on the big screen. Hedlund is about the right age to play 2029 Reese, Hardy is about 12 years off.

Apparently, having sex with a car wasn't enough of an idiosyncrasy for Cameron Diaz's character in "The Counselor": The Hollywood Reporter says that Diaz also had to re-record her dialogue because her Barbadian accent was too over-the-top.According to THR, Diaz "originally voiced [her character] with a full-on Rihanna-style accent." But studio executives reportedly hated it, and forced the actress to dub all her lines in post-production, changing the accent to "a relatively subtle Barbados lilt."Diaz was apparently pretty displeased with the decision, and honestly, so are we.

I wish I was there when those execs saw some of that footage. If she doesn't get a Razzie award for the post-redub version, she DEFINITELY would have got one for this debacle. 

What?  Do I want to know?  :blink:

What?  Do I want to know?  :blink:

You'd think it was the stick shift.  But apparently not!

The 2nd trailer was better then the 1st trailer but still can't really buy into the movie as being Robocop.  The original movie was pretty much perfect, I can't see what I would get out of seeing a reboot.  It's just a movie for me personally that I don't think needs remaking, it's almost like they tried to remake Back to the Future.  It's just wrong. I know that I don't have to see the movie so I shouldn't be complaining which I'm not.  Not going to shit on anyone else for watching the movie, saying it's terrible or anything like that.  Just saying this movie has about 0% chance of even comparing to the original.  Enjoy the movie if you want, I just won't be seeing it.

What I was basically saying is they already have a good version of Robocop, so if I want to see a good movie about this subject matter it's already there for me.  Not sure what I get from an updated version of the movie.  Same reason I don't have that much interest in a reboot of it.  Not to say a year or two down the line and it airs on HBO I won't watch it, because I try to watch most of everything, eventually.  But just that I really don't plan on ranking the movie very high..

I just want to know where, in this seemingly unending stream of 80s nostalgia comebacks, the gritty Highlander reboot is?That material is too good to be lagging in direct to DVD hell.

It's scheduled to start production next year, and just got a director.

I love Highlander, i love its crappy sequels, the TV series and the crappy movie sequels to that. Does it really need a remake? They literally have thousands of years and as many characters they want to create to tell a story with, why retread the same one? They have retconned it so many times that it doesn't matter if it makes sense in relation to the other movies/series so just get on with making a movie about dudes who cut each others heads off to a Queen soundtrack.

Look, I don't want to play the gay card here...  

But OH MY FUCKING GOD!  OMG! OMG! OMG!!!!!

My inner gay boy (and pretty much everyone else on my Facebook) is going apeshit over this.  I cannot wait for next summer.