DVDVR Message Board

2013: UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/RUMORS/ETC

Dolfan in NYC

Bane will be playing Elton John? In a musical?

Bane will be playing Elton John.  In a musical.  

http://www.avclub.com/articles/yep-tom-hardy-will-be-playing-elton-john,104622/

"When you've counted the headlights on the highway, then you have my permission to die"

Dammit. Now I REALLY want to hear him sing Tiny Dancer in Bane's voice.

• Like 2

Apparently Paul Feig is talking with Jason Statham about doing a "buddy cop" movie with Melissa McCarthy

And thus will end any and all macho credibility Jason Statham has left.

I would herald this as Statham's triumphant return to semi-comedic work if I actually found Melissa McCarthy to be funny.

It was boring as fuck.

I would disagree as fucking is not boring especially if you're doing it right.

Anyway, I now want to see The Counselor more than ever. I like that Ridley Scott has veered into crazy, old man territory by making so-bad-it's-good movies that are a ludicrous and garish (saw this word in 5 reviews of the film so far) mix of his and his late brother's films.

I will remind you all that there is a Marvel thread so we don't need to be having the same fights twice.

Meanwhile - apparently they were able to find a new horny dude for 50 Shades of Grey.

It is Jamie Dornan who was in Marie Antoinette and currently stars in Once Upon A Time

If it's not Beetlejuice Goes 2 Hawaii, I am not interested!

EDIT:  Actually, I think the title was Beetlejuice Goes Hawaiian, but we might as well get one of those obnoxious "Number in the title" titles.

Will Smith is circling the lead in supernatural thriller "Selling Time," a Fox flick that he nearly signed on several years ago.According to The Wrap, the "After Earth" star has not yet sealed the deal, but is "in the process" to board the fantastical film, which follows a man who is given a chance to relive the worst day of his life over again in exchange for seven years off his life expectancy.Former DreamWorks Television prez Dan McDermott is behind the script, with John Davis producing through Davis Entertainment with Jennfier Klein. No director has been named, though "several A-list filmmakers" are on the shortlist.

That only sounds a little terrible instead of disastrous.