DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

The color scheme is a lot more bland compared to what it was, but it's categorized nicely.  Like being able to see news from only WWE or Japan compared having to comb through lots of articles to pull up what I wanted to see.  But all in all I like it.

No, like I mean I can't log into my account while at work.  I don't think it likes IE and I can't exactly just download a new browser here

The color scheme is a lot more bland compared to what it was, but it's categorized nicely.  Like being able to see news from only WWE or Japan compared having to comb through lots of articles to pull up what I wanted to see.  But all in all I like it.

No, like I mean I can't log into my account while at work.  I don't think it likes IE and I can't exactly just download a new browser here

I've only had luck loging in on my mobile.  Seems like a lot of people are having issues.  I'm sure they will get sorted out.  

FYI - for those who were interested after last week's episode - the new Table For 3 debuted last night with Madusa, Molly Holly and Ivory

But also - there appears to be a "Brass Ring" themed one (their description) which is Owens, Cesaro and I believe Ambrose coming soon

The Wrestlemania XXXV main event? Good.  Let's start sowing the seeds early. 

Oh, yeah, that I definitely agree with.  About 15 minutes after posting that I tried to pull up a newsletter and the site crashed.  It's going to take some time to get it all worked out.

EDIT:  Can't login now, says page not found.  I'll check back on that site in a couple days, not worth trying.  As long as I get the podcasts through a podcast app I'm good for now.

Yeah - I would prefer them ending the trend of Main Eventing Mania with a 3-way

Eh.  3 in 31 years isn't that bad.  And this last one was a gimmick to get themselves out of a horrible corner they'd painted themselves into. 

Come to think of it.  So was the one before. 

I withdraw my point. 

Speaking of Mania main events, I didn't realize how quickly 2015 is winding down. Any word on a possible Rumble winner yet?

I haven't seen anything. I would imagine Seth Rollins would be the odds on favorite at the moment. He loses the title to someone and they in turn lose it to Sheamus. Seth is dumped by The Authority and he has to get his rematch the hard way. That is assuming they don't do Seth/Triple H at Mania.

If they clear Bryan, I would bet on him for the Rumble.

Brock would be cool, but I don't think his Mania feud will involve the title. Hard to see them doing Roman back to back, Cena winning is blah, and it's tough to think of really anyone else in position for that spot. Cesaro would've been a viable candidate if he hadn't been jobbing for the last 6 months straight. Owens maybe, but even if he's booked strong as the IC champ (and when was the last time that happened for anyone), he's still a stretch at this point.

If they clear Bryan, I would bet on him for the Rumble.

Brock would be cool, but I don't think his Mania feud will involve the title. Hard to see them doing Roman back to back, Cena winning is blah, and it's tough to think of really anyone else in position for that spot. Cesaro would've been a viable candidate if he hadn't been jobbing for the last 6 months straight. Owens maybe, but even if he's booked strong as the IC champ (and when was the last time that happened for anyone), he's still a stretch at this point.

I'd love it but I'd put it around a 1% chance of happening. They didn't run with him when he was the hottest act in the company, now he's close to broken down, they're unwilling to clear him to wrestle, and they're going to build the biggest show of the year around him?

Of the almost men that could really use the Rumble to be elevated to the top level in the eyes of the fans (Ambrose, Cesaro, Reigns, Rollins, Owens to a lesser extent, Rusev, Wyatt), Roman (noooo) and Rollins are the only ones with the right momentum to make it work. As Phantom Lord posted, it wouldn't be hard to make Rollins a pretty compelling choice after he loses the title and Triple H shuns him for dropping the ball. His style and athleticism are tailor made for a babyface run and his brief time as a face with the Shield would back that up. My guess is Roman wins it and this time finishes the job at Wrestlemania to another chorus of smark boos.