DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION V.2.0

None at all, since Axelmania has gone the way of the dodo.

incidentally, I really hope Macho Mandow has too, because that was hands down the worst Randy Savage impression ever.  And he's like the easiest guy in the world to imitate!

• Like 1

That. Was. Awesome!! I know some here are higher on him than others, but I really, truly think Dean Ambrose, if handled properly, could be a license to print money. Sure, he's been in main events for a while, but I feel like he's just an Austin 3:16 or Die Rocky Die promo away from being a next-level star, with potential crossover appeal to boot. And a better nickname than "Lunatic Fringe." I looked up the Wikipedia article for that song, just to see when it came out and saw this:

"The song was such a big influence on Cincinnati's legendary rock station WEBN that it began using the slogan "The Lunatic Fringe Of American FM" in 1984."

So it's certainly possible that Ambrose came up with it himself, being from the area.  But I dunno, it just doesn't flow off the tongue. He needs a catchy alliterative nickname, like "Dangerous" or "Dirty" or something. And yes, those have been done to death, but they're just examples-- and, hey, sometimes in wrestling, less is more.

• Like 1

Just saw where SummerSlam is going to be FOUR HOURS LONG. Holy damn...can't wait to see how they fill the time...I'm sure with their track record of oh so awesome three hour RAWs it will be some truly stupendous stuff that just can't be kept off the show and will be can't miss entertainment.

I suppose the time can be well spent.  We already have--

* Lesnar v Undertaker (we know he needs 15 minutes just to get to the ring)

* Rollins v Cena

* Reigns/Ambrose v Wyatt Family

* Women's Match (maybe they get two?)

* IC Match: Ryback vs Show/Miz

* Tag Team: PTP vs New Day

* Cesaro vs Owens

* Ziggler vs Rusev

* Neville vs Stardust (w/ Stephen Amell)

Plus, they have to find something for Sheamus and Orton.  That's 10-11matches, not including promos and recaps.

RUMBLNGZ~! are that the Adam Rose character is being dropped in favor of Leo Kruger, who's going to join the Wyatt Clan (as Bryan Alvarez would say) tonight.

Sounds fishy to me, though.  He's too small to be a convincing Wyatt.

RUMBLNGZ~! are that the Adam Rose character is being dropped in favor of Leo Kruger, who's going to join the Wyatt Clan (as Bryan Alvarez would say) tonight.

Sounds fishy to me, though.  He's too small to be a convincing Wyatt.

I hope it's true, as much as I loved the Rose character, WWE pretty much killed it dead (They botched his intros, it took about two weeks before there was ~disssension!~ between him and the Rosebuds, and they had him doing commercials backstage which did not play into his character at all), and after watching that E:60 special, I just want Rose/Kruger to have a lengthy WWE career and make lots of money.  It would be awesome to see him in a main event-ish match/angle.

Although if you're going to dump Adam Rose for Leo Kruger, the most logical way to get there is say a cult leader made him do it.

Maybe they'll do an angle where Sting takes Adam Rose under his wing, mentors him, only for Rose to turn on Sting and become Leo Kruger. 

It's Sting, that's the only way that this could go down.

• Like 1

"The song was such a big influence on Cincinnati's legendary rock station WEBN that it began using the slogan "The Lunatic Fringe Of American FM" in 1984."

So it's certainly possible that Ambrose came up with it himself, being from the area.  But I dunno, it just doesn't flow off the tongue. He needs a catchy alliterative nickname, like "Dangerous" or "Dirty" or something. And yes, those have been done to death, but they're just examples-- and, hey, sometimes in wrestling, less is more.

No joke: I thought "Lunatic Fringe" was just referencing his hairstyle.

Why wouldn't you go Arnold/Show?? He was in the damn movie!!

No joke: I thought "Lunatic Fringe" was just referencing his hairstyle.

Either you're not from Canada/the US, or you've led a remarkable classic-rock-radio free life, in which case I envy you.