DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION V.2.0

Marcus Cor Von, or Monty Brown?

I'd assume he would appear as "Marcus Cor Von, WWE Ambassador" when he appears at events, but he spent so little time in WWE that I doubt it would even matter if he went by Monty Brown. It's not like Google returns all TNA results when you search "Monty Brown" anyway. One TNA thing is on the first page, and then a bunch of WWE stuff and his NFL profile on their website.

Well, you asked this on a wrestling board, in the wrestling section, so I would assume the answer will be pretty obvious. What's the context of that question? Why should we, as adults, NOT watch wrestling/WWE? Simply because we're adults, or is there a larger meaning that I'm missing out on because I'm not on your social media?

Legitimate question based on a social media discussion I had:  Should adults just not even bother with pro wrestling, especially WWE?

Why in the world would you expect anyone on here to agree with that? Especially considering how many wrestling promotions past and present that DON'T cater their programming to kids. If it's because "it's fake!" then I guess we're not allowed to watch anything but sports after we turn 18.

Legitimate question based on a social media discussion I had:  Should adults just not even bother with pro wrestling, especially WWE?

It doesn't really matter what we say. About this particular question, or anything else. You can't be bothered to care, but you can't be bothered to stop watching. Repeat about 50x a month. I honestly wish there was something I could say to help you out of the funk.

• Like 2

Legit question because I'm honestly curious - what's Layla's best match in WWE, if there is one? She's been there for, what, 13 years and I can hardly think of any notable matches she was involved in.

Legitimate question based on a social media discussion I had: Should adults just not even bother with pro wrestling, especially WWE?

It doesn't really matter what we say. About this particular question, or anything else. You can't be bothered to care, but you can't be bothered to stop watching. Repeat about 50x a month. I honestly wish there was something I could say to help you out of the funk.

Careful, last time I pointed that out, I was an "asshole".

I like Patrick. I really do. He's the only one I've known in real-life on this board and he's always been a kind-hearted guy. But I worry sometimes he's "happier" being depressed.

Legit question because I'm honestly curious - what's Layla's best match in WWE, if there is one? She's been there for, what, 13 years and I can hardly think of any notable matches she was involved in.

A few good ones that hop to my mind:

Beth and Nattie vs Laycool at TLC

Laycool vs Kelly and Tiffany

Layla vs McCool

Layla vs Beth

Layla vs Eve

I'll definitely miss her. She has to be the most successful Diva Search winner and another woman who got really good despite everything. But the writing was on the wall.

Do you happen to know if those other four matches are on the Network/Youtube/whatever? Anything involving Beth Phoenix I'm all in on, so Layla VS. Beth sounds interesting to me. Never really cared for Michelle McCool or Eve Torres, honestly.

Layla was awesome visiting the troops in Virginia Beach in 2012. My son recently had surgery at the time and she spent a lot of time with him. He got lots of Layla hugs and kisses which was awesome for a 4 year old. So I will never have a bad word to say about the woman

Legitimate question based on a social media discussion I had: Should adults just not even bother with pro wrestling, especially WWE?

Careful, last time I pointed that out, I was an "asshole".

I like Patrick. I really do. He's the only one I've known in real-life on this board and he's always been a kind-hearted guy. But I worry sometimes he's "happier" being depressed.

It's not a world for the kind-hearted.