DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION V.2.0

Doesn't that totally go against most of HHH's NXT high profile signings??

His vision for NXT is not necessarily his vision for WWE, though. He's running it for a hardcore audience.

Really, though? He's just picking up majorly experienced guys who know how to work, have very well developed in-ring personalities and are guaranteed to be able to bust out solid matches with anyone, and come with the added bonus of having this "underground superstar" aura they can push, which I'm sure clicks with most casual viewers.

On the one hand I think it's super cool to have like, FCW, but with its own (non-local) TV and PPVs, but at the same time it's a total reification (hypercommercial imitation) of independent wrestling which is the opposite of independent, inevitably dumbs down and sanitizes everything, and is making friends of mine post like, screenshots of the first Joe/"Owens" stand-off like it's some groundbreaking shit and NXT is the best thing ever.

It's just a way to draw indy fans to WWE, and most of all just sign awesome, crisp, solid workers with years of experience and firmly established ring presence.

The way they are handling NXT is really smart-- using it for both developing talent, and for a brand that takes market share from the indies and other non-WWE options.

Kind of like how the big brewers reacted to the craft beer movement, putting out their own fake craft brands like Blue Moon.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/wwe-divas/divas-you-forgot-existed-photos

WWE stuck Tiffany and Brooke Adams in a "Divas You Forgot Existed" gallery. I'm surprised they didn't throw Maria in as well. 

Brooke fits more than Tiffany. I also thought Jackie Gayda, Tori & Ryan Shamrock didn't really fit the theme since they actually were involved in stuff on TV. Almost all of the rest of them got a "who?" even out of me.

She could debut in NXT by beating up Bayley and saying she belongs in the Four Horsewomen b/c she is Tully's daughter.

I like how every fantasy booking involving the NXT Four Horsewomen always has them turning on Bayley.

• Like 1

She could debut in NXT by beating up Bayley and saying she belongs in the Four Horsewomen b/c she is Tully's daughter.

I like how every fantasy booking involving the NXT Four Horsewomen always has them turning on Bayley.

and ends with Bayley becoming the Docette of Huggenomics

We just call woman doctors "doctors."

Doctor of Hugganomics would be the most adorable nickname in professional wrestling ever. 

• Like 3

With Bayley being the surrogate Sting, does this mean NXT brings back Karma so htey can have an infinite number of great matches including a match in the "White Dream House of Fear"?

James

• Like 1

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.