DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION V.2.0

Internet irony has never paid well. Case in point: Snakes on a Plane

i'll have you know that Snakes on a Plane was the #1 movie for the week it was released. during it's theatrical run it grossed about double its budget.

Just catching up on the day's posts now, and wondering how the hell we made it the whole day without asking this question:

Will Virgil's fuck money be enough to pay for his air bill?

Fuck the fuck money.  If he expects his GoFundMe to actually support himself, it'll be a miracle if he can afford to pay his actual water bill.

For all the talk about "how crazy his AMA was," he made a whopping five dollars from one person off of it.  Internet irony apparently doesn't pay what it used to.

I wouldn't be surprised if Virgil is like one of those panhandlers who begs for money all day but at 5pm, takes off his rags, gets into a new car and goes to a nice house. He's probably rich but just likes the attention and the thrill of scamming people.

Bryan Alvarez of F4Wonline.com recently indicated that WWE officials now see Kevin Owens as an upper mid-card talent and do not see him on the same level as a John Cena or Randy Orton.

Good god...I hate this company.

I wonder if that includes HHH or is he fighting an unwinnable battle against Vince and Kevin Dunn.

Bryan Alvarez of F4Wonline.com recently indicated that WWE officials now see Kevin Owens as an upper mid-card talent and do not see him on the same level as a John Cena or Randy Orton.

You really thought they saw Kevin Owens as a face of the company? I mean he's a great worker but I'm not sure I want him doing PR for me. He looks like every wrestling stereotype.

The bright side for Owens is that sooner or later Cena's gonna do a movie and Orton will get hurt and Owens can be champ until Reigns can get it back

I wonder if that includes HHH or is he fighting an unwinnable battle against Vince and Kevin Dunn.
In Bryan's book, he mentions HHH sometimes coming out of production meetings like he just lost a war.

I would love to be a fly on the wall for one of those. Clearly he has a ton of pull, but I think we are a still a ways away from HHH being in creative control.

Owens has a lot of talent in the ring, and is quite good in a second language on a microphone. He has a phenomenally shitty look with the babyface, scraggly beard, big belly, and farmer's tan.

Wait, so a guy who's been on the main roster for 3 months isn't on the same level as the guys who've been the on top of the card for 10 plus years?  The outrage!

• Like 3

Wait, so a guy who's been on the main roster for 3 months isn't on the same level as the guys who've been the on top of the card for 10 plus years?  The outrage!

BURIED!!!!!

• Like 1

I would love to be a fly on the wall for one of those. Clearly he has a ton of pull, but I think we are a still a ways away from HHH being in creative control.

Would Dunn still have any pull once Vince is gone, or would HHH and Steph kindly inform him that his input on creative is no longer necessary?

Would Dunn still have any pull once Vince is gone, or would HHH and Steph kindly inform him that his input on creative is no longer necessary?

I wouldn't be surprised if it's his first order of business.

Edit: Your Vince as Marlo pic is still the best sig ever!

From the sounds of da rumbllinz, it's more like they'd tell him he's not needed at all. Maybe we could have a camera shot last more than 3 seconds. Maybe.

• Like 1

From the sounds of da rumbllinz, it's more like they'd tell him he's not needed at all. Maybe we could have a camera shot last more than 3 seconds. Maybe.

We already get that.  At the end of every backstage promo, after everyone's done talking.

Don't bother.