DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K16

Eh, the animations are still too reliant on legacy animations from the PS2 days. Guys just walk around with arms by their side between moves. I'm not a fan of the animations and the models look below par for the current generation too. I'm not asking for Metal Gear Solid V level of beauty but it's definitely lagging behind other sports and fighting games.

For wrestling games, I don't really give a shit about graphics too much. In saying that, you'd think with how not-so-amazing the graphics are, they'd at least have the capacity for more than six wrestlers on the screen at a time.

• Like 1

Wait, you're of the opinion that the game looks fine?

Yeah, it does, especially in motion. In stills and slow-motion, it's just ok, but in full-speed it looks above average.

Without exaggerating, I'd compare it to launch era PS3 graphics.  And the motions are worse than the graphics.  

I am utterly stunned that people can't see a graphical improvement over the last gen models. Yes some of the animations are reused. If you play any year to year sports game you are going to see really old animations. It is part of the problem that comes with making games yearly. 

That being said a pro wrestling game is so different from a Basketball or Baseball game. They can be graphically more intensive because those games are less complex. Wrestling isn't a sport it's a fighting game mixed with sports simulation. Where as a basketball player or a baseball player might have signature shots or swings you have a roster full of wrestlers with whole move sets, entrances, taunts ect. Anyone one wrestler will have a lot more custom animations that any 5 or 6 NBA 2K16 players. 

Having two teams on a court where you dribble, pass, and shoot a ball at a hoop isn't as taxing as a wrestling match with 6 or more models all doing a wider variety of animations. 

Personally I think last years game looked better but it was a bare bones operation. You want a bigger roster and more options you are going to take take a hit in the graphics department. 

The real question is "Who fucking cares if the game looks better if it still plays like shit"

Pretty much this. The graphics are marginally better, but there are definite cases that make you wonder how little effort went into skinning some of these models.

The same issue of relying on shitty mo-cap is present though, and when they're so focused on adding in even more shit, instead of tightening up issues from the previous release, you're going to keep seeing sub-par gameplay. 

The real question is "Who fucking cares if the game looks better if it still plays like shit"

Pretty much this. The graphics are marginally better, but there are definite cases that make you wonder how little effort went into skinning some of these models.

The same issue of relying on shitty mo-cap is present though, and when they're so focused on adding in even more shit, instead of tightening up issues from the previous release, you're going to keep seeing sub-par gameplay. 

Definite mo-cap problems. Sometimes wrestlers just can't mimic the moves or actions of another wrestler, so it comes off looking and acting goofy.

Just in terms of graphics, I expected hair and eyes to be better at this stage in video games, honestly. Too many doll eyes with straw manes.

It really does seem like the game hasn't kept up with the technology.  It isn't the biggest deal, but it is noticable to someone like me who plays a lot of videogames.  It just seems like they should be able to keep up with other sports games.  Football and basketball games have less animations, but they also have more players to animate.  When you play a game as big as Metal Gear Solid V, then play a game with a tiny prerendered arena it makes you wonder how the smaller, less complex game looks so much worse. 

Chances anyone will create Big Brother 17's former WWE wrestler and his show romance girlfriend?!
His ring name was Judas Devlin among others, once rumored to be rumored to be linked to the Wyatt family but nebver occured per injury(actually surgery).
And his girlfriend,LIZ, who was a twin on the show(that was the big suprise this year. Sheesh the games news is so boring ya have to dig for something....

austin.jpg?w=685Liz-Nolan-cast-pic-455x682.jpgbig-brother-17-austin-and-liz-630x317.pn

Didn't do much digging just watched the show and the aftershow, been a BB SuperFan for years.
Austin or JUDAS mentioned that the Big Brother venture was originally the avenue to make his way back into the WWE/NXT fold.

He got onto the show and fell in love/lust for one of the girls on the show who they revealed had a twin and both girls would switch out every other day for the first few weeks. So Judas was filling them both with as much stuff to impress them it was corny. The one twin who he liked, LIZ, even mentioned at one point that she was "PLAYING HIM" in the game because he was the most powerful male in the house, therefore great on physical reward challenges. A week or two goes by and she starts liking him. Ugh, I know. 

So he mentioned a few different reasons as to why he left the "E".
The whole Hugh Morris(Bill Demott) was barely mentioned because he said there was "legal stuff involved" and that he couldn't say much.
His legit reason for leaving, he said, was a HIP INJURY and SURGERY that put him on the sideline. This is the same injury that was mentioned in the "DEMOTT PAPERS" and lead to Demott's demise.
He said the Injury was listed as a SPINAL INJURY but it was a Hip Injury, and that he had surgery but he didn't heal well while with the WWE doctors. But as of now, he's in bigger and better shape than ever.

So there's that...I just hope the damned video game is really good.

In the Video about the Career Mode they mention a 15 year career, and of course the Hall of Fame.
So my question is, does any new characters generate within the game and go on to take the place of older wrestlers who tretire?

For instance, The Big Show should be hanging it up soon and say he retires in the game. Does  a new character get generated, starts off in the rookie NXXT or even the WWE and and fills in his  "spot"?
Anyone understand where I'm coming from?