DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K16

Yeah, and Nash IS in the game, so why no Hall? Strange omission.

The only guys on the active WWE Roster (as per WWE.com) who did not make the game are Alex Riley and Los Matadores. Riley really isn't a shocking omission, but Matadores have been featured pretty frequently over the past year. I'd say they've been on TV more often than Heath Slater or Zach Ryder, and they're in. Maybe it's because they couldn't figure out a way to put Torito in there with them?

Stacked roster, though, and I'm still curious about what is going to be left off of the last-gen systems. Shouldn't be a big problem for me, really, because we plan on getting a PS4 around Christmas time. I'll just have to wait a little longer to get the game, and by then it will be cheaper anyway.

I do feel like Razor and Eddy should be on the Mt Rushmore of guys who are always in no matter what (unless they kill someone or turn out to be nazis) but I guess it's easier said than done

They made a point of saying alternate models didn't count as slots unless it was a different character/gimmick, so Foley and Undertaker's three included gimmicks count as separate, presumably because they have separate entrances and movesets

Flair and Rocky will probably just be alternate attires because their schticks haven't changed that much - but yeah, Austin's retirement match really needs dickhead  helicopter fly-by slow walk applauding-his-own moves Rock, I wonder if they can still swing that somehow

Kinda disappointed the roster is more Austin career based rather than any real focus on "biggest roster in a WWE game" which I figured they'd try to include everyone possible instead of these weird omissions. RVD's a guy I'd want in just because he's one of my favorites and I enjoy playing as him while Eddie's a guy I usually just expect to be in these games. Especially when they include seemingly random additions like last year's Col. Mustafa & General Adnan.

Piper & Dusty haven't been in a WWE game in a while, right? I think they'll be in next year, no real reason to include them this time, beyond having passed away this year. And most of these characters are included because of the interaction with Austin over the span of his career, and Piper & Dusty didn't have much contact with him.

Dusty was DLC in 2k14 but yeah Piper hasn't been in since 2008.

I'm guessing that no one wanted to animate Road Dogg's cornrows or baggy pants. As for Hall, his relapse may have happened at the wrong time, but he'll probably be in as DLC. Eddy I could see in a DLC pack with the Dudleyz or in a pack with Piper.

Or better yet, Eddy, Malenko, Dudleyz, RVD and whoever else in a DLC pack.

I've seen so many people ask about RVD today. Why would he be on the roster? Hasn't been under contract for a year, doesn't have a Legends deal as far as I know, and doesn't start to interact with Austin until the Invasion (which I assume they're not going to cover in Showcase).

Because everyone from last year barring an obvious few (Hogan, Del Rio, Mysterio, Punk, AJ) made the cut. There's really no reason for Adnan and Mustafa to be in the game but they're still there, from a character perspective, it makes more sense for him to be called the Iron Sheik. 

And it makes sense to keep Van Dam if you've got an ECW Arena. 

• Like 1

I remember a few years ago, the big thing about these games were big mechanics added to tag team matches. Like hot tags, distracting the ref during a tag, stuff like that. Is all that stuff still in the games? And signature comebacks too? It's been a long time since I've played....