DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

I'm glad it's slow at work right now.  Reading that was a shock to say the least and I could use the time to process this.  Holy crap this sucks.  Never heard anything happen other than he lost weight.  Didn't know if it was failing health or anything like that, but I guess we'll find out soon.

One of my favorite wrestling memories was an early ROH show which featured an unsanctioned street fight between Steve Corino and his barroom brawlers vs Homicide and Dusty Rhodes. The flyer for the show was the greatest thing, featuring a 70's picture of Dusty with the tagline saying that this would be "his most violent match ever". RIP Dusty.

PWInsider has a little bit more on the WWE/EVOLVE deal.

Is this really such great news for Indy wrestling as a whole? I don't know. Great news for Gabe and EVOLVE, for sure, but doesn't sound like great news for PWG, CZW, Chikara and all the other Indies out there to me.

Top level Indy wrestlers now have to face the decision, if they want to sign with EVOLVE, which doesn't guarantee a WWE contract at all, but does waive away the possibility of working for TNA and ROH.

I remember a year ago reading that Hunter wanted to sign alot top Indy talent just to monopolize the indy talent pool. Is that what he's trying to do here. Will Gabe eventually book for NXT

WWE should just start an AA league that could serve as a feeder to NXT. The quality of talent is getting too high on NXT for it to really serve the people who need a ton of developing. Restart FCW, send those guys there and let NXT be the final polish before they head to WWE, if they ever do at all. You could end up with some guys being lifelong developmental guys but they'd be the equivalent of baseball players who make a career out of being in the minors. I wouldn't be concerned about having a bloated developmental system because it could be a solid way to find future trainers and backstage talent who aren't going to make it in WWE but would be amazing to work with young talent. 

• Like 1

Whatever you do Claudio, don't answer your phone. 

Whatever, they can just send Cesaro back to NXT for awhile to feud with Joe and Uhaa. No need to fire him.

• Like 2

It would be cool to see the WWE setup a territory system by buying or partnering with various indys. This would be even better with a touring champion but I doubt WWE would ever let their champions tour anywhere but on main roster tours.

It would be cool to see the WWE setup a territory system by buying or partnering with various indys. This would be even better with a touring champion but I doubt WWE would ever let their champions tour anywhere but on main roster tours.

• Like 2

IIRC, Claudio was a trainer at the chikara school, so they could use him to help out at NXT. Plus, more time to spend w Sara.

IIRC, Sara's on the road as a producer anyways.

She's also been promoted to a producer on the main shows. Makes sense, since you'd have to lighten Mercury & Noble's workload since they're also in segments. I'm guessing she's on the road just Monday and Tuesday like Saxton and Graves.

I'd never watched the clip of Tony Schiavone in TNA and good God is it the worst example of Vince Russo-booked vanity shoot-y nonsense ever.  I especially love that the audience is so bored of watching two WCW announcers argue that they start chanting boring.