DVDVR Message Board

Raw 5-11-15

MGFanJay

Cena/Neville was awesome, loved that match. My favorite US Open match so far. Really digging the Naomi/Tamina pairing so far, Naomi has come off surprisingly great so far since the heel turn and it's good to have Tamina back. Cesaro/Big E was fun and the main event was another pretty good Orton/Rollins match. Surprised by the Chamber announcement coming out of nowhere, but cool to have a little breaking news thrown in like that.

For two weeks in a row, John Cena had  the best match on Raw.

If Bryan is done, put him at the commentary table. Get rid of either Booker or Lawler..or both!

I'm all for an Axelmania/Mandow team, but only if they add an Elizabeth-esque figure to the mix. Emma could work.

Bryan-Sandow-JBL is a future dream team

Off topic: I think a Shield reunion is coming

So, given that there's an Elimination Chamber PPV at the end of the month, I assume the title match at Payback is ending in controversy?

This will probably still be the case regardless, since it involves the Authority - but WWE.com said that the newly vacant Intercontinental Title and the Tag Team Titles will be defended inside the Elimination Chamber. And mentioned John Cena and the U.S. title, but nothing about the World Heavyweight title.

• Like 1

I thought Cena-Neville was a better match than Zayn-Cena last week.

It's about time somebody backstage went "Wait, why is Sandow fighting Axel?  They're both goofballs...they should be teaming!"  I hope Sandow ditches the Macho Mandow cosplay and just teams up with the delusional Axel and has fun mocking him, but still sticks up for him.  I'm thinking a New Day/Mega Powers match could be a lot of fun if it's Big E dominating Sandow with power moves, only to hot-tag Axel who Hulks up and hits  Big E with the big foot and legdrop.

I do like that the difference between Heel Bellas and Face Bellas is that Face Bellas smile when they point at the audience.  I wonder if the commentary team has trouble keeping track of who they're supposed to be rooting for in the divas division.  Michael Cole criticizing Naomi for how she's gone about trying to win the title, when Nikki only won the title due to her sister cheating on her behalf was some Jesse Ventura/Bobby Heenan-level denial (The difference being they were doing it as part of their character, Cole is just repeating whatever Vince yells in his ear).  Then JBL saying it's about time Naomi got some back-up because the Bellas always help each other out was great because it left Booker T trying to figure out whether or not JBL was on his side, or if he was arguing the wrong side.  It's too bad they don't have a female agent/writer who they could turn to and say "Please run the divas division, our writers have too many issues with women and only know how to write one face, one heel, and a bunch of crazy women at once."

• Like 3

Thank ye gods they stuck Dean in the main event scene, because it would be unwatchable without him there.  Hopefully it sticks.

The Bryan thing was so depressing.  Especially after his amazing 5 Hour Energy commercial.  Or 5 Hour Energy Extra or whatever that shit was for all the crackheads who've built up an immunity to that garbage.  But yeah...I knew it was coming but that was just awful. 

Cena/Neville was SO MUCH FUN.  It reminded me of a Nitro way back when when Sting had Goldberg about to tap and then Hogan came out and smacked Sting with a chair or something.  I remember at the time that I was starting to like Hogan for the first time in my life...and then I instantly hated him again.  And no Lana, so I'm still holding out hope that they're going to backtrack on their terrible decision. 

This was another decent show.  It took about 90 minutes to watch fast-forwarding through all the talking in the beginning, Kane/Reigns, the divas and the main event until the run-ins.  Ninety minutes isn't too bad for a Raw this time of year. 

I love the Meltzer theory that the reason the PPV was created so that if people wanted to see this show but didn't want to renew for the next month that could be screwed if they don't pay close attention.  it would be funny if the show started at 10 and then the network shut down for the freebies before the main event   :lol:

So what was the deal with Big E? He's usually really good but he was out of place for about half of Cesaro's offense tonight.

I think that a lot of that was on Cesaro.  Cesaro seemed to be trying out a lot of new offense and some of it just looked like he didn't have it timed out right.  The one botch that was clearly Cesaro's fault was the corner to corner irish whip uppercut.  Cesaro held his arm too long and Big E couldn't be in position because Cesaro was too close behind him, they corrected it on the next one. 

Big E has had trouble taking Cesaro's stuff before and clearly isn't very comfortable being thrown around. It also looked like he tried to reverse Cesaro's irish whip when he wasn't supposed to. There's no reason for Cesaro to hold onto a guy he's whipping across the ring. He also no jumped that spine buster.

I would say Ambrose/Rollins was the best match last week. Cena/Zayn could've been without the injury.

I guess I'm the only one that doesn't care about Neville.  Some of his moves are cool and fun to watch but his offense rarely ever looks like it's having an effect on his opponent and he doesn't say shit.  Why am I supposed to care about storylines involving a guy that not only doesn't look imposing but also doesn't speak? The whole thing with him and Ziggler/Sheamus/Barrett- you've got Ziggler out there talking shit to both Sheamus and Barrett and of course those two are constantly on the mic, and then you have Neville just standing there not saying shit.  I'd like to see Neville as a heel personally. 

It was a pretty enjoyable RAW up until the end of Cena/Nevelle. After that I lost interest quick and ended up going to sleep before Orton/Rollins started. I got it on the DVR so I'll probably end up seeing it.

The start of RAW was too damn funny for a number of reasons. One being that after all these years people are apparently clamoring for a Kane face run again. If it's the Kane from like 2002 (KANEAITIES BROTHER) I'm all for it. Rollins is such a swarmy asshole that deserves a massive beating. Him continually surviving and getting more and more egotistical until oh say Summerslam when a certain Beast comes back would be amazing.

Screw the crowd. The Mandow/Axel Mega Powers bit was amazing. I was in tears from laughing so hard. That's comedy done right. They do need a Miss Elizabeth though and the eventual feud over her would be so much fun. I like the above suggestion of Emma but at the same time I don't want to see Emma relegated to being just eye candy (not to say she wouldn't look elegant in some Miss Elizabeth style gowns).

Cena vs. Neville was a great match. A better angle to run with this would be Cena is getting lucky beating all these younger guys. The younger guys are clearly outclassing him and he's winning just because they make a technical mistake. The DVDVR Twitter had a great line about it being amusing to see someone in a Cena match on more juice than Cena and it is true. A guy like Neville shouldn't be so muscular. But I'm sure all Vince sees is the ears. DAMN IT LOOK AT THOSE EARS.

Okay so Rusev/Cena should be fun. It's a shame what should have been a six month feud was condensed into two months but alas I figure this match will end in one of two ways. It's all an elaborate ploy and Rusev threatens Lana and Cena quits to save her or Lana turns on Rusev and quits for him.

I obviously want to see the massive ploy. This is the WWE so we'll probably get Lana quitting for him.

Cena vs. Neville was a great match. A better angle to run with this would be Cena is getting lucky beating all these younger guys. The younger guys are clearly outclassing him and he's winning just because they make a technical mistake. The DVDVR Twitter had a great line about it being amusing to see someone in a Cena match on more juice than Cena and it is true. A guy like Neville shouldn't be so muscular. But I'm sure all Vince sees is the ears. DAMN IT LOOK AT THOSE EARS.

That was me

My exact quote

DVDVR @D_V_D_V_R  ·  15h 15 hours ago

It's always wacky when Cena is in the ring with someone more on the juice than him.
  • Like 1

So what was the deal with Big E? He's usually really good but he was out of place for about half of Cesaro's offense tonight.

I think that a lot of that was on Cesaro.  Cesaro seemed to be trying out a lot of new offense and some of it just looked like he didn't have it timed out right.  The one botch that was clearly Cesaro's fault was the corner to corner irish whip uppercut.  Cesaro held his arm too long and Big E couldn't be in position because Cesaro was too close behind him, they corrected it on the next one. 

he didn't seem to expect that pin, either. Reminded me of something I'd see on Lucha Underground.

What I find most interesting about the John Cena US Title Open Challenge matches is that they have basically ruined the AA as a finisher since everybody kicks out of it now. It's to the point where if a guy DOESN'T kick out of the first AA, they look weak.

• Like 1

Not to nitpick but something bothers me about Neville.

His hop over the opponent and go into his double front flip showcase. I was bothered that he did that during the climax of the match. Usually it is placed in the earlier parts of the match but it happened so late last night. I was just like WHY?

It's hilarious how they've totally demolished both Sandow and Axel in the span of a couple of weeks.  Both are dead in the water and they don't even know it.

Sandow dumped the joke gimmick, and less than a week he's right back into it.

They obviously don't get the Axelmania gimmick is referring to WrestleMania, not Hogan, especially considering he has a WrestleMania-style logo ON HIS GEAR.

And the less said about the Ascension at this point, the better.

They had that man Sandow come and spill his guts to the fans as if he was about to start taking himself seriously. But we see how long that lasted.

Does anyone else think that he could have done fine with a more serious gimmick right after the Miz program?

Damien Sandow @TheDamienSandow  ·  26m 26 minutes ago

...and to my critics in and out of WWE.  Remember, I'm the guy that made being a stunt double work. Play the hand you are dealt. Go forward.