DVDVR Message Board

[MM15] R1: DREW GALLOWAY vs. BRAY WYATT

DREW GALLOWAY vs. BRAY WYATT  

95 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

Did not like Wyatt's year this year once he stopped getting to tag with Luke Harper in six-mans or wrestle Bryan. Had what might have been the worst PPV match that went over 15-minutes of the year with Cena except that then he had a worse one with Ambrose (and Ambrose had an even worse one than that with Rollins, but that's neither here nor there).

On the other hand, I've never enjoyed Galloway, and he didn't change my mind this year. Abstain. 

There are those when released who will skate by off their WWE reputations for as long as possible.  Then there's those who go "Fuck them, I'll show WWE what they missed out on!" and aim to kick all kinds of ass.  Drew is definitely in the latter situation, and it's been pretty to watch.  I like Bray the character, but not as much the matches.  The Cena feud was my favorite one he's had, though that was mainly the angles leading up the match.  Going mainly off match quality Drew wins and it's not even close.

The problem with Bray is I feel like the style he should be wrestling (flat out brawler that specializes in arena brawling) isn't done by the E IMO. Also, take a cult away from a cult leader, you just have a crazy hobo.

I think Bray is gonna be one of those guys that will go the indies and get to do the character he wants on his terms and it's gonna come across tons better then it does in the E.

• Like 1

Bray had some awesome matches and segments this past year. People are sleeping on them. The Last Man Standing match against Cena was spectacular. He friggin' caught ring steps with his mouth. The only reason people were down on that match is because Cena Overcame The Odds. That has nothing to do with how nuts a match that was. And the stuff like The Children's Choir (an all-time twisted segment) was within the voting period, too.

There was at least one (and maybe more) Shield Vs. Wyatts match during the period. Those right there give him major, major points.

He had a 20-minute ish match against Ambrose before their actual feud started on Smackdown over the summer. It ended with Rollins distracting Ambrose. Go find that. It's one of the best matches of 2014. His feud with Ambrose was great stuff, aside from the dumb TV Explosion spot.

Dude was also the best part of a pretty crummy Royal Rumble. His promos for the UT have been his typically great stuff that everyone takes for granted now.

And how is being a crazy hobo a bad thing?

I'm not voting because I haven't seen Galloway. But I always liked him a ton. Was any of his 3MB vs. Los Matadores stuff in the time period? He had that one insane spot in one of those matches.

• Like 1

I voted for Drew Galloway.

Wyatt brought none of the piss, vinegar, and hate to the Dean Ambrose feud that made the war with Daniel Bryan so much fun to watch.

Galloway looks like a man on a mission since he got released, the only thing I can hold against him is that weird transatlantic accent.

Well and his foolish decision to work TNA

I think a lot of the criticisms that are thrown at Roman Reigns (in ring wise) apply more to Bray Wyatt than they do Roman. Bray is still a compelling promo for me, but very little he does in ring is compelling. I hated the Cena stuff mostly, and I glazed over for the Ambrose stuff. I am actively dreading the Undertaker match. Essentially, Bray Wyatt's entire year has been making wrestlers I really like have unwatchable segments.

I have no opinion on Drew Galloway, but I'm going to pretend that a vote for Drew is secretly a vote for Jimmy Rave because of the linked match at the top.  

I watched Galloway/Hero from EVOLVE and wasn't that impressed, I've seen him have better matches on Superstars. But I didn't spent the whole match thinking about how ridiculous and fake his character is so I still voted for Galloway over Wyatt.

Wyatt has not impressed me as a solo act at all. He had a couple awesome matches (really loved the LMS match against Cena) but he's been in so much shit...  my ONLY issue is people blaming him for the Ambrose matches.

It was both of them. Ambrose has not been good either. I know we like to joke around about Ambrose and his character is fun but inside the ring he hasn't done anything since The Shield broke up.

This is probably the only time where watching a lot of a wrestler is working towards his disadvantage for me.  I had huge hopes for Bray Wyatt, but his work just doesn't really hold up under much scrutiny.  His character was really good, but seemed to kind of fall off a cliff once they inexplicably took away Harper and Rowan.  Say what you want about Cena, but Cena as a rule has good PPV matches.  His series with Wyatt was average at best, and they were all average because of all the bullshit needed to make Wyatt compelling in the ring.  Don't even get me started on that mess of a feud with Ambrose, that shit ruined both of those guys for the year in my eyes. 

Galloway gets the vote for being a competent wrestler who doesn't have to be propped up with gimmickry to have a decent match.