DVDVR Message Board

SmackDown 1-29-15

MGFanJay

HHH's long babyface promo was more bizarre than it usually is. He teased something huge for Raw with Roman, and then got interrupted by the Superstar of the Year, the Royal Rumble Winner, THE BIG DOG HIMSELF who faces THE BIG SHOW next. They had a bad match "highlighted" by Roman trying a new headscissors on the ropes and it just being messed up in every way. Roman won and THERE'S NOTHING BIGGER THAN BEATING BIG SHOW ON LIVE TV, LOVE HIM PLEASE! Vince's promo on the free month was fine. Kidd-Jey was too short, but I dug the Kidd win. Loved Cena and Rusev since Cena went a bit into the rapper gimmick with the jokes. Randomly, the Ascension are now a serious team and Byron both loves them and hates them. Goldust and Stardust are now I think faces, not sure. I guess they'd be defacto faces. They lost thanks to Stardust tagging himself in selfishly, so I guess Goldust will be a face in their feud. Miz magic skit ruled thanks to Truth. HOLY GOD WAS THE CASKET MATCH BAD. It just refused to end. At least they teased Bryan going into the WWE Title match via a Raw announcement.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/01/wwe-smackdown-live-1-29-15.html

Screens -

15996f385751185.jpg

44f395385751189.jpg

07261d385751193.jpg

2fb1e5385762461.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/9yght14cbavoqu4h2bcv1walx8s0gudp

• Like 2

Kane positioning himself nice and comfy in the casket totally reminded me of this:

fci.gif

Curious to see where they go with Reigns. That's another crowd that wasn't happy about seeing him get the title shot, so we can toss out the "it's just the Philly smarks" argument.

• Like 3

I really don't think they will change Lesnar/Reigns but it is interesting how they keep referencing this "controversy" 

I'm not even sure what they mean by controversy because didn't Reigns win the Rumble fair and square? He even said that tonight. What's controversial about a guy winning a match without cheating or interference?

Also, It was definitely a mixed reaction tonight. More boos than cheers though.  Not looking good.

• Like 1

Odd that they're trolling the audience based on a real-life issue with a booking decision. Reigns coming out and being confused by that in kayfabe clashes really weirdly with HHH talking about a OOC thing. 

Maybe this will be an angle where everyone in the company acknowledges that they're actors on a show booked to win except for Reigns, who is so deluded that he treats everything like it's real, believing that he's really beating guys up with the Superman Punch and spear, and pledging to beat Brock Lesnar at WM even though everyone around him is trying to explain that Lesnar is a shoot fighter and will fuck him up. 

Then at WM, Lesnar, tired of Reigns thinking that he's really winning matches on his own, wins with a Kimura in 15 seconds and somewhere in Long Island, Vince Russo busts a nut watching it all go down. 

• Like 4