DVDVR Message Board

Raw 1-19-15

MGFanJay

Just because it wasn't really addressed - the story with the kid is that he apparently lost his fucking mind when Triple H announced the stipulations that Cena had to go through. Like apparentely inconsable on the verge of a break down.

Obviously it was big enough of an issue that both Hunter and Steph broke character to settle him down. They also clearly made sure Cena knew where he was.

Makes you wonder what Triple H said to him while consoling him.  I'm not being snarky either, I'm really curious.

Breaking kayfabe "Hey kid its OK, I don't really hate him, we're just having fun"

Kinda staying in character and keeping the act up but admitting Cena is awesome "Hey kid, it's OK, he's so tough he'll probably win anyway." 

Does he drop the act altogether, does he encourage the kid that his hero can probably overcome the odds, etc?  It's a weird situation to be in. 

• Like 2

Makes you wonder what Triple H said to him while consoling him.  I'm not being snarky either, I'm really curious.

Breaking kayfabe "Hey kid its OK, I don't really hate him, we're just having fun"

Kinda staying in character and keeping the act up but admitting Cena is awesome "Hey kid, it's OK, he's so tough he'll probably win anyway." 

Does he drop the act altogether, does he encourage the kid that his hero can probably overcome the odds, etc?  It's a weird situation to be in. 

HHH is a dad, so paternal instinct certainly trumps kayfabe.  Any real father jumps to aid a child in distress and that is what he did.

By the same token, breaking kayfabe kinda spoils Cena's victory for the boy.  How will he appreciate Cena and Sting besting the heels if there is no peril or no doubt that Cena will win?

You can't tell kids that there is no such thing as Santa until they are old enough and mature enough to let go of that security net.

• Like 1

Here's where I'm too cynical: I wonder about the kids growing up to find out that, guess what, life isn't fair and the good guys don't always win. In fact, it's kind of a rarity.

That kid will learn it in time through his own success and failure. Wrestling is supposed to be a fun escape, especially for a child, so let the kid have his enjoyment. Let him deal with the real world when the time comes.

I'm not completely heartless despite some of the things I post here.

• Like 1

Just because it wasn't really addressed - the story with the kid is that he apparently lost his fucking mind when Triple H announced the stipulations that Cena had to go through. Like apparentely inconsable on the verge of a break down.

Obviously it was big enough of an issue that both Hunter and Steph broke character to settle him down. They also clearly made sure Cena knew where he was.

Maybe the drummer was his dad and he wanted his job back.

So HHH exposed the business to a 6 year old?

Yeah, just when you think it is safe to have irrational dislike for a man you've never met, he goes and does something that fucking rules.

• Like 2

The best thing about the HHH pic is Jamie Noble looking on in disgust. Never break kayfabe boy.

On the up side, the sweet angle where HHH gets shitcanned out of the Authority via a Steph led mutiny because he is sentimental and weak is right there.

On the down side.  ONE NIGHT ONLY~! HHH VS. SETH ROLLINS VS. CENA VS, LESNAR IN A FOUR CORNER TITLE MATCH~!  No, just no..

HHH is a dad, so paternal instinct certainly trumps kayfabe.  Any real father jumps to aid a child in distress and that is what he did.

Are you casting aspersions on the parenting of all wrestlers before 1990? I mean, you'd probably be right to do so, but is this the right reason?

I watched TNA's Turning Point.  One of only a dozen people in the world, I imagine.

In the main event, MVP made a little girl cry.  She was standing up cheering for Jeff Hardy and while MVP was brawling with Hardy at ringside in front of her, he yelled at her and she sat down.  Then he shook the guardrail and yelled at her some more (which I actually think was excessive) and she started crying and her father (I assume) was consoling her the rest of the match.  Then Hardy started his comeback and she got back into it and cheered for him.  Then Hardy won and gave her one of his arm hose on his way out and she probably left happy.

I don't think it's a good sign when TNA follows the rules of pro wrestling better than the industry leader unless Trips whispered into that kid's ear to "Man up, pussy."

• Like 5

Are you casting aspersions on the parenting of all wrestlers before 1990? I mean, you'd probably be right to do so, but is this the right reason?

I am not implying anything of the sort but that being said, I am not so sure I would've enjoyed growing up Hart or Von Erich.  I would've turned out to be an awesome wrestler but there would definitely be a light on my Christmas tree that just won't light.

The Ascension thing doesn't really bother me.  I mean, they were pretty bad in NXT and only managed to get over, at all, when the crowd figured out that Konnor  yells "Yah!" every time he throws a kick or punch and started to chant "Yah" along with it.

That said (And if this came up earlier, I apologize, but I don't wanna wade through 7 pages of anger), I think it would have been pretty awesome (And more in keeping with the heel commentator being a heel!) if JBL took off his shirt to reveal the APA logo, Faarooq comes down (C'mon, Ron Simmons was never in the APA! Faarooq was!), they got into the ring, then JBL said "Unfortunately, even though I disagree with what they're saying, the Ascension did hire us!" and proceeded to take out the Outlaws and run off NWOAARP.  That would actually put Ascension over as guys with half a brain.  Also, I would get Sid to manage them and do all their talking for them.

• Like 2

I watched TNA's Turning Point.  One of only a dozen people in the world, I imagine.

In the main event, MVP made a little girl cry.  She was standing up cheering for Jeff Hardy and while MVP was brawling with Hardy at ringside in front of her, he yelled at her and she sat down.  Then he shook the guardrail and yelled at her some more (which I actually think was excessive) and she started crying and her father (I assume) was consoling her the rest of the match.  Then Hardy started his comeback and she got back into it and cheered for him.  Then Hardy won and gave her one of his arm hose on his way out and she probably left happy.

I don't think it's a good sign when TNA follows the rules of pro wrestling better than the industry leader unless Trips whispered into that kid's ear to "Man up, pussy."

Reminds me of Pierroth a long time ago during his AAA salad days. He's beating up Octagon on the outside while a woman in the front row stands there hurling invective at him... he takes it for a bit... then he drops Octagon and KISSES the fan out of nowhere. She loses her shit even more so he presents Octagon to her and she gives him a kiss in return.

Not sure if it was a plant or just some truly inspired improv from Pierroth and Octagon, but it was spectacular to watch.

"Hey, kid, it's okay, it's not real.  John does whatever I tell him to do because I slept my way to the top of this business.  See.  It's all fine.  You know how your dad has a boss and your dad likes his boss.  They're friends, right, because your dad's boss is the one that keeps you from not having food!  See!  We're all working together in this to make my father-in-law richer so that when he dies I'll be able to sell this place and start a protein shake company.  What?  Hey what's wrong??? JOHN GET OVER HERE!!!  I don't know, the kid won't listen to reason."

• Like 5

If they make Zayn into a jobber then I'll be upset. I'm not going to get worked up over a chubby dude with a bad haircut, and a skinny dude with a receding hair line playing a monster team getting shit on for being terrible when they actually are.

Cesaro and Kidd(two top 10 workers in the company) are being used as job boys for New Day. Now that's something to get pissy about.

• Like 2

The best thing about the HHH pic is Jamie Noble looking on in disgust. Never break kayfabe boy.

It may be more like: "I never get any of that!  Just last week when we watched Transformers and those really little ones scared me...he didn't even care.  STUPID KID!"

• Like 1

I'm more pissed at that kid's parents than I am at HHH. You see what happens when you treat your children like delicate snowflakes? They become gigantic sissies who cry their eyes out over a babyface being put in a handicap match. If my dad ever saw me crying while watching wrestling, he would have told me to stop that pussy crying and made me turn it off. Actually, that never would have happened since I wasn't allowed to watch wrestling growing up. I guess what I'm trying to get at is that I hate my parents.

• Like 7

Let's talk about the real travesty.  I know we all love Dean Ambrose but since when does a fucking reigning champion enter the ring first and with no fanfare in our modern times?

If you are going to job out Bad News Barrett to the Lunatic Fringe. at least pretend like Wade is a title holder with all of the rights and privileges due therein. 

How the fuck does the untitled Bray Wyatt hold several clean wins over Ambrose, but Ambrose goes over BNB tidy as a sheet with no chicanery?

Makes you wonder what Triple H said to him while consoling him. I'm not being snarky either, I'm really curious.

Does he drop the act altogether, does he encourage the kid that his hero can probably overcome the odds, etc? It's a weird situation to be in.

HHH is a dad, so paternal instinct certainly trumps kayfabe. Any real father jumps to aid a child in distress and that is what he did.

By the same token, breaking kayfabe kinda spoils Cena's victory for the boy. How will he appreciate Cena and Sting besting the heels if there is no peril or no doubt that Cena will win?

You can't tell kids that there is no such thing as Santa until they are old enough and mature enough to let go of that security net.

What are you trying to say about Santa?

• Like 1