DVDVR Message Board

The Big Game, v.49

Dolfan in NYC

So weird to see ESPN do a special on concussion issue in the NFL on the day of the Super Bowl.   Usually they are #1 in the feeding of the Goddell machine

Listening to Junior Seau 2 months before his death talking about the problems in the NFL and head injuries knowing what ended up happening is hard to stomach

I've tried to picture what Seau's HOF induction in August will be like.  Tragic is all I can come up with.

Great piece on the 15th anniversary of the Rams vs Titans SB and the last play of the game with a where are they now with Kevin Dyson and Mike Jones.

Except for Costas getting on his little soap box at the end.

Yeah he just can't help himself can he

the Annual NES Super Tecmo Bowl prediction:

Patriots 24, Seahawks 14.
the Seahawks defense is strong early, but the Patriots ball control and clock manipulation wear out the Seattle D, leading to the Pats racking up points consistantly.
the Seahawks threaten late in the game with a couple long throws, but ultimately fall short after a late interception.
MVP goes to the NE QB, who has a couple key long runs peppered into the assault.

I'm thinking this game is a toss up and if Seattle wins it will be close. If they come out soft like against GB, it will get out of hand quickly.

With that said, my prediction is, New England 33 Seattle 27. 

My 48-14 Seahawks win against the Broncos prediction via Madden last year was eerily accurate. I've got the Patriots 14-7 this year thanks to the wonders of Madden 15. Defensive war of attrition with the Seahawks losing two running backs during the game to injury. Shane Vereen MVP.

During the presentation Brady lamps Roger with the Lombardi and says "deflate this!"*

*May not have happened.

I'll double down on my Seahawks in a old fashioned NFC blowout prediction. Something in a 45-17 or so, with it no being that close. Followed by a weeks worth of stories about whether or not this deflated balls stuff "got in the Patriots head". Remember that good matches rarely lead to good games. . . .