DVDVR Message Board

The Big Game, v.49

Dolfan in NYC

Damnit, they can't do that.  Since I don't have a rooting interest any any particular NFL team, I mostly root for the outcome that I think will have the funniest results on Mondays.

And it's rare anything else there is all that funny.

I heard a crazy stat on the ride home...That is the first interception from the 1 yard line this season.  Statistically that was probably the least likely scenario that could have happened, but some undrafted rookie from a school no one has ever heard of made an all-time historical play.  That was a fucking great game.

The confusing thing is if you're not going to with Marshawn Lynch there, why isn't the next play on your list some type of variation of Russell Wilson keeping the ball for the run-in? 

I can at least follow the logic of believing the Pats would be expecting Lynch and stacking an all out line to get at him.  I can understand that type of over-thinking.  I do that type of over-thinking myself.

...but how is a Russell Wilson run play not next on the list?  Play action, bootleg, QB sneak, etc.   Anything but let him throw it with 2 yards to get in.

I heard a crazy stat on the ride home...That is the first interception from the 1 yard line this season.  Statistically that was probably the least likely scenario that could have happened, but some undrafted rookie from a school no one has ever heard of made an all-time historical play.  That was a fucking great game.

That is what I'm saying. The play call wasn't bad as they don't want to leave Brady with any time left on the clock. Butler just made an outstanding play. The thing with the call I have is instead of quick slant/pick they should have had Wilson rollout with two options to throw to or run the ball in if the pass isn't there. 

The play Butler made was completely crazy. 

• Like 2

Yup. Stat I saw was 66 passing tds, four scramble tds, one int. It makes some sense because a pass there is almost always trying to fool the defense with a quick throw. But Wilson held onto the ball a second too long, Browner jammed Kearse, the undrafted rookie made an amazing play, and Seattle let the worst defense in power run situations off the hook.

That is what I'm saying. The play call wasn't bad as they don't want to leave Brady with any time left on the clock. Butler just made an outstanding play. The thing with the call I have is instead of quick slant/pick they should have had Wilson rollout with two options to throw to or run the ball in if the pass isn't there. 

The play Butler made was completely crazy. 

That's all I'm saying.

I just think you have to go with Wilson's feet if you think they're going to stop Lynch's force.

The free agency thing is literally the dumbest conspiracy theory about the bad play call I have ever heard. Which gives it at least a 50% chance of actually being true.

Well considering Pete Carroll is a 9/11 Truther, conspiracies should be a norm for him...