DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble 2015

Matt D

I've said from day one Reigns needed a good run as a singles heel before the big baby face push. Imagine Reigns in Rollins' role(with fewer jobs) and then doing the Batista turn for HHH/Reigns at Mania. Yeah they've used that formula before, but being a C grade Cena isn't doing a thing for Roman. To me the match just dies when Roman starts selling. I just don't think he has the skillset to be booked like Cena or Hogan where he's selling for a majority of matches.

I think we get Bryan/Lesnar, Shield triple threat, Cena/Rusev, and Sting/HHH at Mania. I could see Roman, Dean, and Bryan as the last 3 in the Rumble. I would definitely start the friction between Dean and Roman based on their Rumble eliminations.

Does anyone do any kind of drinking game/money pool for the Rumble match? I have friends who are casual fans at best but they'll watch the Big 4 with me if I host a party. To keep things interesting last year, we did a drinking game where you picked a guy's name out of a hat and you took a drink when your guy entered, threw out another guy, performed a finishing move and when he got thrown out. The guy who picked Roman Reigns was blitzed by the end.

• Like 3

I can't remember if I got the idea from here or elsewhere, but we did a similar pool last year.  We put 30 numbered pieces of paper in a hat and whatever number you draw, that's your guy.  I've already been informed my nephews are looking forward to it.

Drink every time WWE disappoints, depresses, or infuriates you.

Wait, don't. You won't make it through a Raw with that, never mind a PPV.

Do a line of cocaine every time JBL buries someone on commentary.  If you don't die before the end of the night, cut a crazy Piper/Hogan/Warrior/Savage inspired 80s promo for an upcoming event in Saginaw.  

• Like 5

We've done the numbers on a piece of paper thing the last few years and you get one point for everybody your guy(s) throws out, with the winner of the whole thing getting an extra 5 points at the end. If we have 5 people watching, everybody draws 6 numbers. I have an old WCW/World title belt buckle we've been using for the "trophy" the last couple of years, rather than a money prize. Makes it interesting to be cheering for somebody like Zach Ryder when normally you'd just ignore everything he does in the match.

• Like 1

Oh, my.  Bunkhouse Buck in at 27 and immediately eliminates Van Van Horne.

Bye bye, Van Van.  See you in another 25 years.

Awww my goodness!  I've got some bad news for you Barrett.  Your ass just got tossed, sucka.

The powerhouse Roman Reigns eliminates Bad News Barrett.  Tying the elimination record he set one year ago.

This Roman Reigns is fun to watch.

We're about to find out who drew #28 in this year's Royal Rumble match.

Awww here we go!

Awww my goodness!  It's Los Matadores...

Fernando.

Diego, dawg!

Los Matadores remind me of another great brother tag team, Shaun and Steve Simpson from South Africa. Those guys were fun to watch.

Talking bout great brother tag teams from the motherland you gotta be talking bout me and my brother Stevie Ray, The Harlem Heat, dawg.

Those guys were fun to watch too.

And Fernando's eliminated.

Diego, Cole.

Well, we know it's not Tito Santana, former CMLL World Champion.

Awww my goodness!  Bunkhouse Buck went all upside Diego's dome with that kick, dawg!

28 men have entered with 5 still in the ring. The powerhouse Roman Reigns, Bunkhouse Buck, Corporate Kane, Big Show and...Jamie Noble?

Can you imagine if Jamie Noble wins the Royal Rumble.  He'll buy two double-wides and stack them on top of each other.

Tell me you did not just say that.

• Like 1

I can't remember if I got the idea from here or elsewhere, but we did a similar pool last year.  We put 30 numbered pieces of paper in a hat and whatever number you draw, that's your guy.  I've already been informed my nephews are looking forward to it.

Yeah me and my buddies do this Final 4 plus two wrestlers with the most eliminations is what gets you money. I've got a 7 or 8 year streak of finishing in the money going and I hope to continue it this year as well.

Fantasy booker hat on:

Bryan either loses to Kane on next week's Smackdown or gets beaten down to the point where it looks like he can't compete.  The Rumble proceeds with no sign of Bryan.  #30 hits and it's Rey Misterio Jr....

...but then he unmasks in the ring and it's really Bryan.

With the stipulation to the Kane match, they may as well throw some doubt on the outcome by having Bryan win, get the shit kicked out of him, then show up at number 30. It's the closest you could get to the surprise return because, as predictable as it would seem, you know everyone would still be freaking out and panicking that they'd pulled him from the match. 

After watching Smackdown, I see no way Bryan doesn't win this thing. 

We're moments away from finding out who drew #29 in the 2015 Royal Rumble match.

It's Bigg Hoss!  And he's got Zeb with him!

Awww my goodness!

The son of Bunkhouse Buck enters at #29 and he immediately helps his father eliminate Jamie Noble.

Poor Jamie has to go home and tell Nidia that he's not going to WrestleMania. That's going to be worse for him than getting beat up here tonight, Maggle.

Big Show and Kane double teaming Roman Reigns in the corner...

Wait a minute!  Wut da hail!

Bunkhouse Buck just gave Swagger a low blow!

I guess Bunkhouse doesn't want any grandkids, Maggle.

And he eliminates his own son.

Awww my goodness, look at Zeb! He's hot at the Colonel, dawg!

It's every man for himself, Book.

We're now down to the powerhouse Roman Reigns, Bunkhouse Buck, Corporate Kane, and The Big Show with one entrant left to go in the 2015 Royal Rumble match.  Who's going to WrestleMania 31!

• Like 1