DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble 2015

Matt D

I know you guys are just throwing out names of people that are ready to go but not on TV, but who on earth would be excited to see an Otunga or Young return at the Rumble? Wouldn't it be a terrible way to re-introduce them?

It really would be no different then them introducing NXT guys cold into the Rumble

Which they have done the last couple of years

• Like 1

Sami deserves to represent NXT in the Rumble give him a nice little showing, and have a smark out moment with Bryan.

As for old ECW guys I'd mark pretty hard for Tajiri coming out and hitting his signature spots.

• Like 1

We should do a depth chart of ECW guys who could make it in.

RVD

Bubba Dudley

D-Von Dudley

The Musketeer

Miss Congeniality

Jimmy Snuka

Shane Douglas

Rumblings said that originally they were going to do a 40 man rumble and use a lot of ECW guys. Right now I think Heath Slater is more likely than anyone but the first three.

I feel like this is the fewest number of "announced" participants they have done going into a Rumble in awhile.

13 officially (with more to come thanks to Smackdown)

The WWE.com list is up to 17 at this point, though it's not including everyone. On Superstars last week, they said Justin Gabriel & Los Matadores are in. Pretty sure the Usos were said to be in too, as Miz/Mizdow are both in. Gotta figure half if not all of the guys in the preshow match will be in too, especially Kofi.

Wouldn't be surprised if they have minimal surprises unfortunately. The past few years have seemed to just be 3-4. Last year having Nash, Sheamus and JBL while 2013 had Jericho, Goldust, and Godfather. Would much rather see random surprise legends than half the lower midcard.

As for the surprises we do get, I'm gonna hope for Alex Riley after he pushed for it on the Raw preshow and is not scheduled for the Rumble preshow panel.. if he just gets a strong showing I'd be happy, Kevin Nash cause I'll pop for him every year he shows up, and any ECW guys for Philly... Sandman, Sabu, Raven. Wish they stuck with the original rumor of doing 40 to include ECW entrants.

Since they're intent on burying the hell out of the Ascension, I wouldn't mind the Dudleyz stiffing the shit out of them to show them how it's done.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

• Like 1

RVD

Bubba Dudley

D-Von Dudley

The Musketeer

Miss Congeniality

Jimmy Snuka

Shane Douglas

Rumblings said that originally they were going to do a 40 man rumble and use a lot of ECW guys. Right now I think Heath Slater is more likely than anyone but the first three.

I want to see the FBI contingent of Little Guido, JT Smith, Tony Mamaluke, Tracy Smothers with "The Big Don" Tommy Rich and Sal E. Grazziano at ringside.

My "dream finish" of the Royal Rumble is at the end of the video I posted on Page 3. Basically, the first 29 guys enter and exit the Rumble and then we have a big countdown to the guy who drew No. 30, who will just walk in and win the Rumble.

This opens several interesting possibilities, and here are the top 4:

1. Sting

Seth Rollins walks out with the title, and Sting challenges him at WrestleMania 31. If they hadn't blown through the "Authority is out of power" angle, they could have done it here. Sting would be teaching the WWE how to stand up to the Authority like he taught WCW to fight back against the nWo.

2. Hulk Hogan

John Cena wins the title and goes on to have an icon vs. icon match at WrestleMania 31 to wrap up Hogan's career. Hulk will try to achieve his dream of retiring as champion.

3. Goldberg

Brock Lesnar retains the title, and we get a rematch of the WM20 debacle, which everyone in WWE can pretend was an all-time classic.

4. Undertaker

Lesnar retains the title and we get a rematch from WM30, this time for the title and with Undertaker's career on the line if he loses.

RVD

Bubba Dudley

D-Von Dudley

The Musketeer

Miss Congeniality

Jimmy Snuka

Shane Douglas

I want to see the FBI contingent of Little Guido, JT Smith, Tony Mamaluke, Tracy Smothers with "The Big Don" Tommy Rich and Sal E. Grazziano at ringside.

I would love if they did that, with their time eating, crowd work heavy entrance, only for JT to eat shit on a ridiculous bump over the top ten seconds later.

• Like 1

Possible big name at the Rumble. Don't click if you don't want to be spoiled. Seriously.

The Rock is in Philly, and was seen at the hotel all the guys and gals are staying at. PWInsider reported it.

So let's assume El Patron's spoiler was true. And Daniel Bryan &

are the last two left, and Bryan wins. Would the fans (not in Philly, but in general all fans before 'Mania) turn on Bryan for that, or would that help Bryan?

I think the fans are still largely behind Bryan in that scenario. Punk's promos made "part-time veterans are fun but shouldn't be the focal point of the show" a talking point for more than just the hardcore fans, and I think a majority of fans would love to see the other guy show up, but still want their current favorite to win.
  • Like 1