DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

I'm glad to see that the WWE production team are huge fans of Friday Night Lights and paid the show its proper homage in the Finn Balor package.

The final package was really great. They went a pretty interesting choice when talking about The Demon -- it's just a small thing Finn does every so often to tap into a part of him for an extra boost and also gives kids and the like a chance to make some cool fan art. It also explains why there's no difference between Finn and Demon Finn.

It'd be a lot more fun of a gimmick if they were an actual Dr. Jeckyl thing, but that might be too hard for Fergal (and really anyone) to pull off.

Well done package. I'm not sure if Balor will be my cup of tea in-ring but I like who he is and got to see more about his journey to get to NXT.

A Dr. Jeckyl thing would be really really cool but I think it would be way too difficult, if not impossible, to pull it off in the context of US pro wrestling. I think the best we'll get is it being revealed Finn jumped Itami and him claiming the Demon did it with a wink and nod and maybe a bit more distinction between the two in regards to moveset.

IRL Balor is such a nice guy that figuring out how to do the Jekyl/Hyde deal in a way that isn't absurd or stupid in the context of US pro wrestling would be make for a really intriguing storyline.

A Dr. Jeckyl thing would be really really cool but I think it would be way too difficult, if not impossible, to pull it off in the context of US pro wrestling. I think the best we'll get is it being revealed Finn jumped Itami and him claiming the Demon did it with a wink and nod and maybe a bit more distinction between the two in regards to moveset.

IRL Balor is such a nice guy that figuring out how to do the Jekyl/Hyde deal in a way that isn't absurd or stupid in the context of US pro wrestling would be make for a really intriguing storyline.

I hope he can improve his acting chops to go full blown heel one day and have a "Primal Fear" style reveal. "There was no Finn!" could be one of the all time great moments.

The easy fix for a face turn then is that Itami, Albert etc fight him to bring back the good in him and we go from Aaron/Roy in Primal fear to a full blown Darth Vader style "There is still good in him" redemption story.

Fuck I hate getting my hopes up like this...

When he gets called up and loses his first name that's how they can explain it

They pretty much have to put the belt on Balor after that build up. They've dedicated half their air time to him the last few weeks. Breeze working as 1995 HBK(only without the male stripper dancing) was something. I've always thought Breeze would make a good babyface, and he showed some flashes of it here. I hope they do something with  Dillinger seeing as he's gotten himself over, and isn't bad at all in the ring.

That was probably the best Carmella has looked in the ring though working with Emma certainly helped. However, she's still a terrible face, and her signature moves stink. I'm going to predict that by the end of the year Chad Gable will be my favorite wrestler in NXT(if Sasha is called up by then).

• Like 1

They pretty much have to put the belt on Balor after that build up. They've dedicated half their air time to him the last few weeks. 

I'm predicting a loss, followed by an eventual heel turn.  They could parallel Sami's run where he would lose big matches, had that moment of temptation, but fought through it, only with Balor embracing the Demon instead.  The fact they've incorporated Sami into the vignettes means they could even have the heel turn be on Sami when he tries to offer encouragement.

I think you could run the Zayn/Neville feuding faces bit for a little while with Joe and Finn, with heels like Breeze or Corbin in the mix (they really do need some new singles heels, don't they?).  Once Owens is called up, you can have Sami Zayn around a little more on the periphery while he recovers.

Part of the problem is that since this is a "WWE" special and not a "NXT" special, I don't think Owens is going to drop a fall here unless there's interference by Cena, and I don't think that's the way to start off Finn's reign.  

Okay so are they trying to turn Bull Dempsey into the 2015 version of Bastion Booger

Someone's been watching some 2007-2008 ROH dvd's with Sweet & Sour Inc. trying to whip Bobby Dempsey into shape. Too bad Larry Sweeney isn't around to re-do the angle with Bull Dempsey. 

• Like 1

I went to an NXT house show on Friday and did a Road Report for Segunda Caida

Cocoa Beach House Show

We were a the Citrus Springs show. It was a good time. Charlotte and Sasha were our two biggest stars despite Finn, Breeze, and Becky Lynch being advertised as well.

Sasha and Blue Pants was a lot of fun. Blue Pants got in more offense than I would expect. 

So you're not invested in the transition of Eva Marie into becoming resident DVDVR favourite? Seriously though, her shit looked on point in that small training video, I'm curious to see how she's progressing.

I don't however like Sasha seemingly becoming a face over night, I'm a huge fan of her controlling matches. I hope it's just a swerve that sees Becky being ambushed by Sasha and the chipmunks.

So...seriously, the most interesting thing to me right now about NXT is what is going to happen next to Bull.

I kinda want them to just take him off TV for like six months and come back all slim. Then he gets a big push.$

$50 says he comes back fatter instead.

I remember when Kurt Angle debuted and he hadn't done a promo for a couple matches (I still loved the heck out of him because I already saw his personality when he did the talk show circuit after his gold), then he picked up the mic and talked and the rest was history. I see a glimmer of that, a very similar personality in Gable.

Ready... willing... and Gable.

How the hell WWE never signed Sweeney to do something (manage, announce, write, ANYTHING) is beyond me.

Given all of Sweeney's issues outside the ring, it doesn't really surprise me that they didn't sign him.   I don't see Vince or anyone else in that company being able to understand a person with his bipolar issues and how to help them.    

Chad Gable has a really good Al Snow In SMW vibe going on.

Well as long as he doesn't turn into Al Snow after SMW then I like where you are going with it.