DVDVR Message Board

2015 TNA DISCUSSION THREAD

Apropos of nothing, I can't remember who demanded that Dixie never let Flair on TV again without a shirt on following his match with Sting. I remember it either being a Spike executive or her mother.

It was her mother, Flair agreed provided she made the same promise.

Apropos of nothing, I can't remember who demanded that Dixie never let Flair on TV again without a shirt on following his match with Sting. I remember it either being a Spike executive or her mother.

It was her mother, Flair agreed provided she made the same promise.

Oops.  I was wrong.  I stand corrected.

This post is news about Dixie Carter trying to get a reality show.

Dixie Carter had cameras follow her around at the Impact tapings in an attempt to sell a reality show.

A real honest-to-god reality show about Dixie would be the most entertaining thing ever.

Too bad we'll never get that.

What cracks me up about TNA is how you have a whole generation of WWE/NXT talents who were well known in wrestling circles and free agents forever. It's one thing for WWE to ignore these guys because they're obsessed with size, look, etc. but how in the world did TNA miss out on the likes of Bryan, Claudio, Neville, Steen and Zayn.

They had all the pieces available to become the alternative they always talked about being and somehow missed the boat completely.

Well, sure.

He's psychic.

.... which is why he'll never work for TNA. He's psychic. When you tell him his paycheck's in the mail, he'll know if his paycheck is really in the mail.

You can't pull one over on Psychic Bigfoot.

• Like 2

What cracks me up about TNA is how you have a whole generation of WWE/NXT talents who were well known in wrestling circles and free agents forever. It's one thing for WWE to ignore these guys because they're obsessed with size, look, etc. but how in the world did TNA miss out on the likes of Bryan, Claudio, Neville, Steen and Zayn.

They had all the pieces available to become the alternative they always talked about being and somehow missed the boat completely.

Isn't the case for many of them the money they were making on the indys before jumping to WWE was WAY more then they would have been able to get from TNA?

Zayn, Ambrose and Hero had tryout matches for TNA and I assume were offered contracts. I imagine that a lot of guys turned down TNA because word got around that it's a terrible place to work. Let's not forget that those guys could make a living on the indies and have almost complete freedom over their bookings. TNA really offered nothing for them.

Hindsight of course is always 20/20, but what if TNA took all those millions and told all the 'name' talent to go fuck off. What is post Spike Debut TNA made HARD plays for Hero, Claudio, Sami, Danielson, Briscoes, Steen, Black, Moxley, etc. I know its if came down to WWE vs. TNA- most wrestler would go to WWE, but what if TNA was actually doing what it was suppose to do? Would TNA still be in the same spot due to the shitty booking? Unfortnately, the answer is 'yes'.

Isn't the case for many of them the money they were making on the indys before jumping to WWE was WAY more then they would have been able to get from TNA?

I never really put that together but you're probably right. If I recall, TNA put all sorts of restrictions on where people could take booking.