DVDVR Message Board

2015 TNA DISCUSSION THREAD

Also, how ratings don't matter if people doNt spend money on you products and advertisers still don't want to advertise on your show. The theory is Dave knew they were getting moved and didn't report it because someone asked him not to. He also cancelled a show with Kurt Angle so they didn't have to talk around the TV issue. Who knows. It would be nice if the guy just reported the fucking news for his paying customers.

Some people have argued that Dave isn't a real reporter.

"Idiots."

DA has an out clause in September

They are so fucked.

Edit: Anyway, people over at the board have been trying to decipher the Daveinci code and all his cryptic remarks and the most prevalent conclusion is probably that Destination America sources told Dave they're canceling in September, he gave Dixie the heads up and now she owes him a huge favor because he's given her a few months to look for a new network for the show.

I am pretty sure if anyone else had wanted them they wouldn't have wound up on Destination America in the first place. If they DO wind up getting kicked off DA in September it's really tough to see how they survive.

I'm usually the first to blame TNA, but really, this is on DA.

They really thought TNA was going to do amazing ratings and turn them into a big time network? Seriously?

Shockingly, the people who churn out shows about Amish ghosts, evil mountain monsters and BBQ feuds aren't actually that smart.

So if any of this is true, was hiring Corgan some last ditch hail mary by Dixie?

If the theory about Dave's hints are correct, she genuinely didn't know they were cancelled in September until he told her.

I seriously can't imagine spending most of your time as a wrestling promoter telling everyone to "ignore those lying dirtsheets because they know absolutely nothing!" then having it broken to you by a reporter your company's flagship programme is getting scrapped in a few months. Awkward.

TNA IS doing good ratings on DA, by their standards. It's either the highest rated or the 2nd highest rated show on the network. The problem is that their costs for iMPACT are way higher than on their other shitty shows and the ad rates are lower.

TNA IS doing good ratings on DA, by their standards. It's either the highest rated or the 2nd highest rated show on the network. The problem is that their costs for iMPACT are way higher than on their other shitty shows and the ad rates are lower.

How dare you talk about psychic bigfoot like that?

He'll know you said that, by the way. ;)

BREAKING NEWS: @IMPACTWRESTLING will move to WEDNESDAY nights starting June 3rd on @DestAmerica

http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/item/6420

This will end well

So are we back on TNA death watch?  Can we wildly speculate now?  I say Destination America tries one more time change, Sunday night/ Monday morning 2am-4am, then cancels them.  

But I mean they are the highest rated show on that podunk channel. Whats the point in moving it?

TNA did make a play for Danielson back in 2005 when they signed Joe. He was not interested.

Also, how ratings don't matter if people doNt spend money on you products and advertisers still don't want to advertise on your show. The theory is Dave knew they were getting moved and didn't report it because someone asked him not to. He also cancelled a show with Kurt Angle so they didn't have to talk around the TV issue. Who knows. It would be nice if the guy just reported the fucking news for his paying customers.

"Idiots."

Thankfully, those people are no longer here.

Sadly, they continue to believe that.

• Like 1

I don't believe Destination America told Dave they were canceling Impact.

I suspect Dave is really Psychic Bigfoot and he read one of the DA executive's mind and discovered the truth.

Has anyone ever seen Dave and Psychic Bigfoot in the same place? 

I think I've proved my case.

• Like 7

Wrestling journalist by day, psychic cryptozoic creature by night? Give it a procedural angle and you've got a pilot to start pitching. Who plays Dave? What's Craig Sheffer up to these days?

• Like 1

I suspect Dave is really Psychic Bigfoot and he read one of the DA executive's mind and discovered the truth.

So that's why he cut off the mullet!

Trying to throw us off his trail.

Dave, you magnificent bastard.

Dave was also on the grassy knoll in 1963.

"Idiots."

Thankfully, those people are no longer here.

Sadly, they continue to believe that.

Your "sadly" and "thankfully" switched places.