DVDVR Message Board

2015 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING NONSENSE

RIPPA

This "Rock the Kasbah" movie sucks, right? The trailers give no indication of the plot at all, just "you guys like wacky Bill Murray, right?"

LOL, I've been thinking the same thing. The trailers give nothing of the plot, show a bunch of random lines from the movie, show us the stars, and that oh-so-wacky-Bill-Murray. But CRITICS ARE RAVING ABOUT IT!!!!! It's the most Rolling Stone-esque set of trailers and ads of all-time.

The plot I've gotten from commercials is Bill Murray wants to make a pop or rock band in the middle East (for reasons?) and winds up finding a girl who can really sing and they might get killed for it maybe?

The plot I've gotten from commercials is Bill Murray wants to make a pop or rock band in the middle East (for reasons?) and winds up finding a girl who can really sing and they might get killed for it maybe?

You're in the neighborhood. I actually looked it up and that's roughly what I remember reading.

Hell, she was pretty sexy in Wolf of Wall Street.

Of course, she's a Bond girl, so saying she's sexy goes without saying:

c5562f72f46f97d684106d4330d1639c.jpg

Actually, just looking at a list. With the exception of Halle Berry or maybe Michelle Yeoh, is she the most successful Bond girl post-007 movie?

Jane Seymour?

Diana Rigg?

Jill St John?

Eva Green is right there, although the answer might be Jane Seymour.  Or Famke Janssen.

Actually, just looking at a list.  With the exception of Halle Berry or maybe Michelle Yeoh, is she the most successful Bond girl post-007 movie?

If we're only counting the Eon films, then Raziel is probably right with Famke Janssen. Otherwise it's Kim Basinger.

Wouldn't be surprised if they did more than one trailer for that, and that one was the one for the lads who like action/ horror movies. There'll be another trailer to play up the Jane Austen period drama aspect soon enough.

Hey, I just want the movie to do well so we get a couple more parts and I get a big screen sacking of Silvermoon and Arthas torching everything until Green Jesus makes the save.

Amazon just dropped the trailer for Spike Lee's new joint, Chi-raq.

AND NICK CANNON LOOKS FUCKING DIESEL~!

I caught Snoop from the Wire dressed up like a skank again (FWIW she was the prostitute in Da Sweet Blood of Jesus remake). The Dave Chappelle cameo is the best. Also, we get the return of the floating camera on the chest. It looks like an absurd ghetto musical. This is the Spike Lee I want and not the one remaking legendary Korean movies for no apparent reason at all.

• Like 3