DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Former perennial "Oh shit I need a kicker this week for fantasy" candidate Lawrence Tynes, is suing the Tampa Bay Bucs for his career ending MRSA. 

A look into an NFL training staff and the shenanigans that go on there would probably be fascinating and/or troubling... so I fully expect the Bucs to settle this quickly

The Dolphins are looking to add another name at WR.

They offered Michael Crabtree $3M a year, which he declined.  (He wants 4.5 lol)

They brought in Greg Jennings to work out, but no contract was offered.

Today they brought in Wes Welker. 

Some clickbait site - I don't recall which - was running the headline "Does Chicago Want To Trade Cutler For The #2 Pick?"

I'm sure the answer is yes, just like I'd like to have the ability to ejaculate fine chocolate and crap $100 bills.

• Like 2

When the market for him evaporates and he can't find 3 million, but the Pats offer a one year 500 grand "prove it" deal and he catches 85 balls for 1400 yards and 12 scores.

• Like 1

From ESPN:

Eight-time Pro Bowler Troy Polamalu informed the Steelers of his retirement Wednesday, according to the Herald-Standard. Polamalu spent all 12 of his seasons with Pittsburgh.

It was expected but still hard to take.  Especially given how weak the Steelers secondary is already   :(

I'm glad to hear Troy is retiring. First of all, he has admitted to having like a ton of concussions - many that he hid from doctors - so I had a bad feeling he'd be the next Seau if he hung on much longer. Secondly, he might be better than what the Steelers have now but he was still pretty shitty last year. I didn't want to see him struggling through another year a pathetic shadow of his former self. And lastly, I big time didn't want the Steelers release him just to see him embarrass himself trying to hang on with the Titans or Cardinals.

This really is the best case scenario for everybody.

But, yeah, holy shit, the Steelers defense as currently constructed is by far the worst the league. I mean, there's like two legit starters and the rest wouldn't even start for the Jaguars.

Pittsburgh stuck with a great group too long, got caught when they aged out of being legit NFL players without investing in quality replacement pieces.  It's a shame that taking care of the guys who win games for you is a recipe for being terrible later, but that's the NFL.

• Like 1

I'm glad to hear Troy is retiring. First of all, he has admitted to having like a ton of concussions - many that he hid from doctors - so I had a bad feeling he'd be the next Seau if he hung on much longer. Secondly, he might be better than what the Steelers have now but he was still pretty shitty last year. I didn't want to see him struggling through another year a pathetic shadow of his former self. And lastly, I big time didn't want the Steelers release him just to see him embarrass himself trying to hang on with the Titans or Cardinals.

This really is the best case scenario for everybody.

But, yeah, holy shit, the Steelers defense as currently constructed is by far the worst the league. I mean, there's like two legit starters and the rest wouldn't even start for the Jaguars.

There's literally nobody on the Steelers' defense that would start for the Jags. Closest would probably be Shazier and he hasn't shown enough to take Telvin Smith's job.

There's a rumor floating around that the Dolphins are looking to trade up in the draft because they have the hots for Kevin White. Considering it's a fairly deep WR draft, I'm not in favor.

I like White, but I don't like him so much that Miami should sell the farm to get him. Especially if DGB or Parker is probably going to be on the board at #14.

Plus, as a fan I want to be able to type DGB for the next 4-5 years. My needs are simple. 

EDIT: Also, Mike Pouncey agreed to a 5/50/20 extension. 

• Like 1