DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

When you have 3 Gm's, Coaches, and "franchise" Qb's in as many years, yeah any one can talk trash. The Bills have been shitty, but at least it was relatively stable. Plus they are out of doldrums now and looking to contend. . . 

This might be my favorite argument ever: "Your team is shittier because they got rid of people that sucked, while my team had people that sucked equally, but we kept them around!"

I'm not saying that the Browns are amazing, or don't deserve scorn for some of the decisions that have been made, nor am I saying that you can't make fun of said decisions. I'm just saying that you live in a glass house. 

Is there no one self-aware with the Cleveland Browns?

I'm more pissed that someone probably made a shit load of money on this "re-design" when they probably should have been fired for what is a color swap and font change.

I'm more pissed that someone probably made a shit load of money on this "re-design" when they probably should have been fired for what is a color swap and font change.

At the same time don't you think what ever firm got that deal had a set of guide lines that was pretty limiting? I mean I just cant see the Browns going like the Broncos and totally changing there design.

At the same time don't you think what ever firm got that deal had a set of guide lines that was pretty limiting? I mean I just cant see the Browns going like the Broncos and totally changing there design.

There was no reason to change them in the first place.  The entire point of bringing back the Browns, their colors, and their history back in '99 is because that team, those colors, and their history means a lot to those fans.  Changing the uniforms after 70 years is dumb and unnecessary.  They look like flag football league uniforms.  I swear they hate their fans.

• Like 1

brooow.png

Not great, but they look better on people than they did hanging on a rack.

I hate how modern jersey construction prevents shoulder bands from going all the way around. Doesn't help that these ones are designed horizontally, rather than vertically for some reason.

The text on the legs is the worst part, but otherwise these look like pretty inoffensive college uniforms.

If it wasn't for Snyder, Haslam would be the worst owner in the NFL. Still, Snyder might be a bigger asshole, but at least it is clear that he loves the Washington football team. Haslam just wanted to own a team. He clearly has no regard for the Browns or their history considering he fucking bought in to the Steelers before he got a shot at owning the Browns. I'm sure in 2008 I posted something about how the Steelers owner buying the Browns is the most Cleveland thing possible, and taht there was no way it could end well. It is clear he would rather own the Titans to the point that there are yearly rumors about some sort of insane ownership trade. On top of this, it is abundantly clear that the dude is a criminal. That in and of itself I don't actually have a problem with. I'm sure that every NFL owner is in some way a criminal, but aside from Irsay, they are all smart enough to not get caught. Haslam got outsmarted by truckers, and Goodell had to be the Vince McMahon to his Jimmy Snuka to prevent an even bigger dumpster fire.  

Haslam has no regard for the history of the club, because the Browns are a toy, and not even the toy he wanted. It's like he asked his parents for Optimus Prime and they got him some shitty Go Bot. I just compared the Titans to Optimus Prime. Maybe he wanted Perceptor? I dunno. Anyway, the only reason the uniforms didn't change more is because keeping the helmets blank was a condition of him buying the team. Fuck Jimmy Haslam.

Bill Clinton was president the last time the Bills were in the playoffs.

Have the Browns EVER been in the playoffs?

Don't talk to me about the Ravens either, the actual Browns.

More recently than the Bills, which is what started all this. But don't worry guys, those Bills are a model of stability!

More recently than the Bills, which is what started all this. But don't worry guys, those Bills are a model of stability!

Ralph Wilson got a little cheap during his last years. Yeah they haven't been great, but they are getting better. And even the HORRIBLE arena-league jersey's  the Bills wore during the 2000's decade are still better than the new Browns jersey's.

The Bills always reminded me of the Blackhawks when Dollar Bill was alive and dragging the team into the grave with him. Then Dollar Bill died, Rocky took over, and the team has since won two Stanley Cups. I always figured once Ralph was out of the picture, the Bills would take off. They have consistently proven me wrong.

Ralph Wilson got a little cheap during his last years. Yeah they haven't been great, but they are getting better. And even the HORRIBLE arena-league jersey's  the Bills wore during the 2000's decade are still better than the new Browns jersey's.

Bald+men+&+Falklands.jpg

• Like 1

The Bills always reminded me of the Blackhawks when Dollar Bill was alive and dragging the team into the grave with him. Then Dollar Bill died, Rocky took over, and the team has since won two Stanley Cups. I always figured once Ralph was out of the picture, the Bills would take off. They have consistently proven me wrong.

Yeah.  Well people thought the same about the Raiders and Al Davis.  Look how fucking well that has turned out.

I am too damn old to outlive another fucking Davis.

• Like 1

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2015/4/16/8431627/adrian-peterson-will-be-reinstated-tomorrow

The NFL has announced that running back Adrian Peterson will be fully reinstated tomorrow.  The NFL has also stated that any further violation of the the Personal Conduct Policy could result in further suspension or banishment from the NFL.  Here is a transcript of the full press release.

Adrian Peterson of the
was advised today that effective tomorrow he is reinstated as an active NFL player and may participate in all scheduled activities with the Vikings.

In a letter from Commissioner Roger Goodell, Peterson was informed that he is expected to fulfill his remaining obligations to the authorities in Minnesota and Texas, as well as the additional commitments Peterson made during his April 7 meeting with the commissioner regarding maintaining an ongoing program of counseling and treatment as recommended by medical advisors.

Beyond the requirement to comply with his court obligations and plan of counseling, Peterson was reminded that his continuing participation in the NFL depends on his avoidance of any further conduct that violates the Personal Conduct Policy or other NFL policies. Any further violation of the Personal Conduct Policy by Peterson would result in additional discipline, which could include suspension without pay or banishment from the NFL.

Peterson was suspended without pay last November 18 for the remainder of the 2014 NFL season for violating the NFL Personal Conduct Policy in an incident of abusive discipline that he inflicted on his four-year-old son last May. Peterson pled no contest on November 4 in state court in Montgomery County, Texas to reckless assault of the child.

As Ian Rappaport points out on twitter, the NFL is still appealing the decision that over-turned his suspension in the first place.  That ruling won't come until October, but will decide how many game checks Peterson could lose over the suspension.

Yeah.  Well people thought the same about the Raiders and Al Davis.  Look how fucking well that has turned out.

I am too damn old to outlive another fucking Davis.

How long do we have to pretend that Al Davis was the problem?  Sure he was old as dirt, and looked like the cryptkeeper, but he was the last of a dying breed of football geniuses.  He was past his prime, but he obviously knew more about football than anyone else than anyone else in the Raiders organization.  Remember when we all thought he was crazy when he hated Lane Kiffin?  He turned out to be absolutely right.  Sure he used an overhead projector like a teacher from 1973, but he was right.