DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Tebow is a win for the haters and the fans. Both should move closer to the middle of the emotion spectrum. Haters can just know that he does actually suck and won't contribute significantly and fans can just be happy that he's getting another shot.

And yeah Cole, a lot of the media attention surrounds his faith. Not sure what coverage you've been watching.

I still have a hatred for the Raiders because if they had just beaten the Chargers in week 17 that year they would have won the division and the Broncos would have finished the year out of the playoffs because they lost 7-3 against the Chiefs.

The narrative would be completely different.

I don't wanna be That Guy, but Carolina is a back to back division winner, why are they only on MNF once? That's horseshit.

From the Network standpoint - they were a sub .500 team last year in the 23rd media market

They also play - on paper - A LOT of bad teams and their games against good teams CBS/FOX probably don't want to give up the matchup (ie: Seattle, Green Bay, etc...)

I don't wanna be That Guy, but Carolina is a back to back division winner, why are they only on MNF once? That's horseshit.

Because the NFC South wasn't the hotbed of quality last year.  This coming from a bewildered Saints fan (who couldn't figure out why they were still in the hunt as long as they were last year).

They get a Sunday and Monday nighter, and a Thanksgiving day game. That's probably more than a sub .500 team from last season deserves.

They get a Sunday and Monday nighter, and a Thanksgiving day game. That's probably more than a sub .500 team from last season deserves.

Fair enough, I didn't notice the Sunday nighter.

Two year, $8 million deal for Greg Jennings in Miami.

VETERAN PRESENCE~~

Jennings just became the leader of a very young WR corps. 

After the way they both played last year, I'm still baffled by the fact that Chad Greenway is a Minnesota Viking today and Greg Jennings is not.

Ah, well, best of luck to him down there.

ProFootballTalk@ProFootballTalk 3m3 minutes ago

Two year, $8 million deal for Greg Jennings in Miami.

VETERAN PRESENCE~~

Jennings just became the leader of a very young WR corps.

After the way they both played last year, I'm still baffled by the fact that Chad Greenway is a Minnesota Viking today and Greg Jennings is not.

Ah, well, best of luck to him down there.

It's not a sexy WR corps with Wallace gone, but Jennings, Landry, Stills and Matthews (with Cameron at TE) are solid enough.

Skins announce they will pick up RG3's 5th year option

This isn't as dumb a move as it seems. The alternative would be to have to resign him to a multiyear at a near-Dalton rate. They're buying themselves another year on their investment.

Plus the 5th year is only guaranteed if RG3 gets injured

So if he sucks this year - they can cut him before the 16 million kicks in

So its going to be guaranteed then? :)
Easiest joke of the year, right there.
  • Like 1