DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

It keeps getting better and better

Adam Schefter that working out for the Eagles today...

Tim Tebow

552e881ad1c8e335aa5f1c93943581a36203f6ab

We need an intervention, y'all.  Or at least a cool cloth to put on MADCAP's head to ease his headache. HELP!

EDIT:  OK, let's just do a full-on prayer/good wishes circle for MADCAP and Raziel.

• Like 1

Wilfork to Texans.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK What the hell Pats, I know you like to play the long game and all that but our D is looking like it's gonna be shit next year.

But at least they're doing their best to sign Stevie "make one awesome catch for every five drops" Johnson. WTF? I don't know what's going on with this team.

Wilfork to Texans.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK What the hell Pats, I know you like to play the long game and all that but our D is looking like it's gonna be shit next year.

But at least they're doing their best to sign Stevie "make one awesome catch for every five drops" Johnson. WTF? I don't know what's going on with this team.

Come on dude, if any team has earned the right to the benefit of the doubt, it's the Pats.  They've been a contender basically every year for 15 years or so now.

Aw, the Texans think they're being sassy by adding Wilfork along with Watt and Clowney, if he gets healthy.

*pauses*

Please, don't touch #12 from Indy.  Please, and thank you. :unsure:

Who ya gonna double?

7drHiqr.gif

Texans D should be intense.  and immense, with Wilfork in tow.  Can't wait to see Clowney, Watt and Wilfork lined up on the same side.

Texans also got WR Cecil Shorts III.  He's no Andre, but hopefully DeAndre is the new Andre, and Shorts can be the new DeAndre.

Wilfork to Texans.

Come on dude, if any team has earned the right to the benefit of the doubt, it's the Pats.  They've been a contender basically every year for 15 years or so now.

I may be overreacting due to my love of Big VINCE, but it's hard to give them the benefit of the doubt this year losing Wilfork, Browner (not really upset about that one dude was a penalty machine), and Revis and gaining one pass rusher we'll see what the draft brings us. Unless they are that confident that Logan Ryan and Malcolm Butler are ready to really step up and be big contributors over a full season. We'll see, but I'd like to see us do something to address our now depleted secondary.

...we'll see what the draft brings us.

Every pick on defence. I was hoping that after the dust settled, Vince would be coming home.

Texans front just got even scarier. JJ must be licking his chops at the prospect of Vince eating up blocks.

Tebow working out for people is great news.

Aw, the Texans think they're being sassy by adding Wilfork along with Watt and Clowney, if he gets healthy.

*pauses*

Please, don't touch #12 from Indy. Please, and thank you. :unsure:

Who ya gonna double?

7drHiqr.gif

Texans D should be intense. and immense, with Wilfork in tow. Can't wait to see Clowney, Watt and Wilfork lined up on the same side.

Texans also got WR Cecil Shorts III. He's no Andre, but hopefully DeAndre is the new Andre, and Shorts can be the new DeAndre.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

For real though, Cecil is an okay 2nd/3rd option, but he can never stay healthy. Concussions and soft tissue injuries have pretty much been the name of his existence since he was named a starter in Jacksonville.

Chris Borland retires. Worried about long term ramifications of an NFL career, particularly the effects on the brain.

I'm positive history writes this as a much bigger deal than it gets treated as right now.

The shield is in trouble.

• Like 1

Well first - the team is only on the hook for the guaranteed money part.

Then there is this

In most cases, if a player retires, the remaining signing bonus that has not been included in salary “accelerates” and is included in that year’s team salary. Thus, the team will take an immediate salary cap hit of the remaining signing bonus.

Borland's signing bonus was $617,436. But again - I am not sure what the exact language of his contract was.

So in this case - the money isn't an issue for the Niners. It is actually filling the roster spot.

Not if you saw their tv ratings.

Players are replacable cogs.

People said that about boxing.

Then all the heavyweights were Eastern European, and very few elite American athletes chose boxing. Americans love Americans, and now boxing is a niche sport at best.

I'm not dumb or being obtuse; boxing was never what the NFL currently is. But a mighty oak grows from a tiny seed. This is the beginning.

I think once we see good young players from good teams retire because of concussion fears then you'll see the beginning of a movement. As it stands right now, one guy on a bad team quit. Knowing what we know about concussions, I don't fault a player who doesn't want to risk it, especially when you're playing on a team that's got no chance of winning in the near future. I wouldn't be surprised to see other young Browns, Skins, Jags, Titans players say it's not worth it..

I think once we see good young players from good teams retire because of concussion fears then you'll see the beginning of a movement. As it stands right now, one guy on a bad team quit. Knowing what we know about concussions, I don't fault a player who doesn't want to risk it, especially when you're playing on a team that's got no chance of winning in the near future. I wouldn't be surprised to see other young Browns, Skins, Jags, Titans players say it's not worth it..

Jake Locker from the Titans did just that a week ago. He said it's because he lost the fire or whatever but it was at least partially due to injury concerns.