DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Mike Wallace to the Vikings with a draft pick for only a 5th round pick.

Essentially flipped Matt Cassel for Mike Wallace.

Yep. . .I do that deal every time.

I'm assuming that Wallace re-structured his deal in some way, though I haven't seen anything solid on that front yet.

Reading that long list of Veteran Combine names, would it REALLY have killed them to let Vince Young workout? I mean they let some totally washed up RBs like Michael Bush and Felix Jones workout, they didn't have to send him home. And I don't even LIKE Vince Young!

The Raiders have signed Christian Ponder

I'm not sure I can be anymore 'meh' about that move than I currently am.

At least he's clearly a backup, which is improvement over previous Raider offseasons.

In an interesting little nugget - Mary Kay Cabot is reporting that last year when Seattle was shopping Percy Harvin, the Browns offered Jordan Cameron for him (this was in one of the stories about how Jordan Cameron used social media to dick over the Browns)

Maybe Seattle could ahve thrown to him in the Super Bowl :-)

In an interesting little nugget - Mary Kay Cabot is reporting that last year when Seattle was shopping Percy Harvin, the Browns offered Jordan Cameron for him (this was in one of the stories about how Jordan Cameron used social media to dick over the Browns)

Maybe Seattle could ahve thrown to him in the Super Bowl :-)

That's backwards. Seattle was trying to GET Jordan Cameron for Harvin and the Browns pretty much just laughed at them.They were trying to shop Harvin for a good tight end but ended up having to settle for a fourth round pick.

Hey I am just going by the phrasing in her story

In fact, they had tried to trade Cameron to the Seattle Seahawks last season for Percy Harvin, who was ultimately dealt to the Jets, a source told NEOMG. Cameron was looking for long-term deal worth about $8 million a year before last season, and the Browns weren't prepared to pay that much. Talks broke off and didn't resume until the season was over. 

EDIT - ah... I see what is going on

In the original reports - Ian Rappaport said that Seattle called about Cameron (much like Schefter reported they called the Broncos about Julius Thomas)

Mary Kay Cabot

‏@MaryKayCabot
.@rapsheet reports the #seahawks called the #browns and offered wr Percy Harvin in a trade, one player they wanted was Jordan cameron.

So it again - it all depends on which side was leaking the story to a reporter

So Chip Kelly said in a press conference today that the Eagles have already been offered a #1 pick for Sam Bradford

As Barnwell noted - it was probably something like a #1 for Bradford and a #2 - so if they did get offered that, it isn't absurd that the Eagles would reject a #1

Just to follow up on this - both Charlie Casserly and Jason LaCanfora has said that they have been told that it was the Browns who offered the Eagles a #1 for Bradford (the 19th pick NOT the #12)

So Chip Kelly said in a press conference today that the Eagles have already been offered a #1 pick for Sam Bradford

As Barnwell noted - it was probably something like a #1 for Bradford and a #2 - so if they did get offered that, it isn't absurd that the Eagles would reject a #1

Just to follow up on this - both Charlie Casserly and Jason LaCanfora has said that they have been told that it was the Browns who offered the Eagles a #1 for Bradford (the 19th pick NOT the #12)

So Johnny Manziel must be that bad...

So Johnny Manziel must be that bad...

Well that and the Eagles are the only organization that make the Browns look stable by comparison. . .