DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

I will say that for as much shit as he's taking for it now, if Chip Kelly somehow turns Sam Bradford into a quality starting QB, he'll be essentially untouchable on whatever crazy moves he makes in the future.

Bradford has played very well, in general, when healthy the last couple years. Problem is, he's never healthy.
  • Like 1

Man, the Colts either just stole Frank Gore, or saved the Eagles from themselves.  He hasn't shown signs of aging yet, but 32 years old is basically done for running backs, if they even make it that far.

Well its not like those are mutually exclusive. . . .

I'm convinced that Chip Kelly is a spy that was sent to destroy the Eagles organization.

So an NFL Gary Bettman? Besides to all those doubters, Chip can point to all his NCAA rings he won at Oregon. . .  .Oh wait a minute.

Man, the Colts either just stole Frank Gore, or saved the Eagles from themselves.  He hasn't shown signs of aging yet, but 32 years old is basically done for running backs, if they even make it that far.

Well its not like those are mutually exclusive. . . .

SHADDUP.  *shakes fist at computer screen toward Kuestar*

Thing is his job in that offense is much more of a support role. It's not like the Colts are going to be a run-first offense anytime soon with Luck at QB.

Basically what I'm saying is Luck is going to be the worker in the team playing face in peril then Gore just has to come in off the hot tag and hit his spot.

Should work for a year or two.

• Like 1

Man, the Colts either just stole Frank Gore, or saved the Eagles from themselves. He hasn't shown signs of aging yet, but 32 years old is basically done for running backs, if they even make it that far.

Thing is his job in that offense is much more of a support role. It's not like the Colts are going to be a run-first offense anytime soon with Luck at QB.

Basically what I'm saying is Luck is going to be the worker in the team playing face in peril then Gore just has to come in off the hot tag and hit his spot.

Should work for a year or two.

Indy is going all in this year, and they should.

I'm convinced that Chip Kelly is a spy that was sent to destroy the Eagles organization.

Maybe Vince Russo is Chip Kelly.

Impossible.  Russo hates Mexicans not the blacks.  Also he would never book a Native American as his top guy  ;)

Does anyone else think the Seahawks are going to wind up regretting their trade for Jimmy Graham? Max Unger is one of the best centers in the NFL and if they are going to keep having a run heavy offense then they can't have any drop in talent at that position. Add in Jimmy Graham's injury issues and huge cap number and I'm starting to think they'll have buyers' remorse like Percy Havin when this is all said and done.

Eh, you can be okay at center and get by.

You can also go to 2 straight SuperBowls without a great tight end. Tell Cleveland you can lose a great center and still keep going at the same level, because once they lost Alex Mack last year it went straight downhill.

My friends who are 49ers fans are hilarious. Trying to tell me Jimmy Graham is dumb for going to the Seahawks because he won't get the yards he would in New Orleans. Lol. They're having a hard time coming to grips with the fact that now they're the bottom of the division.

So apparently Clayton said on a radio show that the Skins are interested in drafting Mariotta at #5.   The growing opinion is that the Skins are throwing out there as bait using the "well this is so stupid that it must be what the Skins are doing"  reverse psychology.  

• Like 1

Does anyone else think the Seahawks are going to wind up regretting their trade for Jimmy Graham? Max Unger is one of the best centers in the NFL and if they are going to keep having a run heavy offense then they can't have any drop in talent at that position. Add in Jimmy Graham's injury issues and huge cap number and I'm starting to think they'll have buyers' remorse like Percy Havin when this is all said and done.

I think it's a weird move for them. Graham doesn't fit what they do offensively at all. They're a power running team, and the next block Graham finishes will be his first. Dude is s-a-w-f-t.

Sure, he's almost an automatic TD at the goal line, but I feel like swapping Unger for him really hurts their between-the-20s offense. Even beyond what a non-factor he is in the run game, his production outside of the redzone has dropped off considerably as teams have figured out that he gives up against physical corner play. He only has 3 hundred yard games since the mid-point of 2013.

I think there's solid evidence that he's on the downswing (at least relative to his enormous contract).

• Like 1

Eh, you can be okay at center and get by.

You can also go to 2 straight SuperBowls without a great tight end. Tell Cleveland you can lose a great center and still keep going at the same level, because once they lost Alex Mack last year it went straight downhill.

Cleveland had a lot more problems than losing Mack last year.

The Jimmy Graham trade is an interesting one. I think it fills a need that Seattle had but...man, New Orleans got a LOT in return. A top-flight center AND a first rounder? An awful lot of (halfway-decent) quarterbacks have changed hands for less than that.

That is the most fascinating thing about this free agency is how many players are just retiring now.   Not sure if it is because of the concussion issue (definitely is for Locker) or they are more picky about their market value but I don't remember this many players with still years in the tank.   

So Chip Kelly said in a press conference today that the Eagles have already been offered a #1 pick for Sam Bradford

As Barnwell noted - it was probably something like a #1 for Bradford and a #2 - so if they did get offered that, it isn't absurd that the Eagles would reject a #1

So Chip Kelly said in a press conference today that the Eagles have already been offered a #1 pick for Sam Bradford

As Barnwell noted - it was probably something like a #1 for Bradford and a #2 - so if they did get offered that, it isn't absurd that the Eagles would reject a #1

Between this and signing Ryan Matthews...

tumblr_muz37cCKB61r6dombo1_400.gif

That is the most fascinating thing about this free agency is how many players are just retiring now. Not sure if it is because of the concussion issue (definitely is for Locker) or they are more picky about their market value but I don't remember this many players with still years in the tank.

I'd bet dollars to donuts Willis just doesn't want to do training camp and will be back right after it. He's getting older, he's beat up and his bonafides are not in question.