DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Bradford for Foles is SO insane. What actual evidence is there that Sam Bradford as a QB is worth $10 million a year MORE than Nick Foles? The Rams are contemplating cutting Bradford because he won't renegotiate his ridiculous contract and the Eagles decide to go trade for him? I wasn't on the "Chip Kelly doesn't know what the hell he's doing" bandwagon but now I guess I have to jump on.

Yeah I don't get that.  Guy can't stay on the field.  At all.  Makes five times more than Foles.  And when he was on the field has looked worse than Foles.  What kind of fucked up sense does that make? 

I so wish I could hear the local Philly radio right now.

• Like 1

It's almost like Chip wants to get back to the college game ASAP, the moves the eagles are making don't seem to make sense. And with the reports that Gore had doubts about the Eagles offense as a reason he went to the Colts makes you wonder what's going on in Philly.

I have to think that maybe they are looking to trade up for Mariota but why take on Bradford?  Who the hells wants that contract?

The trade for Bradford pretty much kills that speculation. Nick Foles had value to use in a trade to move up, NO ONE is going touch Bradford with that contract.

The trade that sent quarterback Sam Bradford from the Rams to the Eagles was surprising when news of it first emerged.  It’s now become downright confusing.

The Eagles have announced the deal, which consists of Bradford for Nick Foles plus three draft picks.  The Eagles get from St. Louis a 2015 fifth-round pick, and the Rams get from Philadelphia a 2015 fourth-round pick and a 2016 second-round pick.

While the announcement doesn’t mention any other terms, Albert Breer of NFL Media reports that, if Bradford doesn’t start eight games, the Eagles get a fourth-round pick back from the Rams.  Likewise, if Bradford is injured, the Eagles get a third-round pick from the Rams.  (The trigger for the “injury” condition isn’t known.  Possibly, the third-round pick becomes and issue only if Bradford suffers a season ending injury before Week One.)

Does anyone else think the Seahawks are going to wind up regretting their trade for Jimmy Graham? Max Unger is one of the best centers in the NFL and if they are going to keep having a run heavy offense then they can't have any drop in talent at that position. Add in Jimmy Graham's injury issues and huge cap number and I'm starting to think they'll have buyers' remorse like Percy Havin when this is all said and done.

The trade that sent quarterback Sam Bradford from the Rams to the Eagles was surprising when news of it first emerged.  It’s now become downright confusing.

The Eagles have announced the deal, which consists of Bradford for Nick Foles plus three draft picks.  The Eagles get from St. Louis a 2015 fifth-round pick, and the Rams get from Philadelphia a 2015 fourth-round pick and a 2016 second-round pick.

While the announcement doesn’t mention any other terms, Albert Breer of NFL Media reports that, if Bradford doesn’t start eight games, the Eagles get a fourth-round pick back from the Rams.  Likewise, if Bradford is injured, the Eagles get a third-round pick from the Rams.  (The trigger for the “injury” condition isn’t known.  Possibly, the third-round pick becomes and issue only if Bradford suffers a season ending injury before Week One.)

anigif_enhanced-buzz-21373-1384329692-27

• Like 2

I will say that for as much shit as he's taking for it now, if Chip Kelly somehow turns Sam Bradford into a quality starting QB, he'll be essentially untouchable on whatever crazy moves he makes in the future.