DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Seriously debating the merits of starting a 49ers-specific Offseason Stupidity/Dumpster Fire thread.

Honestly, if the Niners' stadium had caught on fire, that would have been about the fourth-worst thing that happened to them on Monday.

I can't say I'm completely on board with the Suh signing.  I know during the season I'm going to flip-flop when he pancakes Tom Brady's allegedly soft ass in game or two though.  However, I can easily see them trying to get rid of that deal/Suh in a couple of seasons as soon as his talents start heading south.  I'm glad they're willing to spend money, but it feels close to a Mike Wallace move, which I was also skeptical about too.  Win now move for a team that still ain't ready especially on the offensive end.

I enjoy that Andre Johnson's brother tweeted that Andre's preferred teams to play for are: the Pats, Colts, Seahawks, and Packers

He must have thought long and hard about that list

I enjoy that Andre Johnson's brother tweeted that Andre's preferred teams to play for are: the Pats, Colts, Seahawks, and Packers

Well its nice to want things. . . 

• Like 1

Yes, and people in hell want ice water...

Don't buy those Frank Gore Eagle jerseys yet, apparently he has changed his mind and will not be signing with them.  Reportedly now talking to the Colts.

Must have listened to Stephen A., 4 letter is saying that Colts deal is done. . .  Good for you BLR. . .:)

Poor poor Vince Young

Apparently he was turned down from the Veteran's Combine

Exactly what are the criteria that one could possibly get turned down?

[edit, since I didn't see the Hoyer news had already been posted]

I can't remember if it was here or somewhere else that said Suh would be very conveniently suspended before he got to make Tom Brady's spine into mush?

Yeah...  the NFL may investigate the Suh deal because....  I don't know... Belichick called in a favor?

Well, hey, the fans were wrong there, as far as it goes.  I mean, Ginn and his family have had a better career than Brady Quinn did.

Brady Quinn would have been a fine NFL QB had he not been thrown into the Cleveland Dumpster Fire. That fuckin' fire has been burning longer than that coal mine in PA or that crater in Russia or wherever the hell it is. He needed to be the backup to someone worth a damn to learn the game at the pro level for a year or two. Instead, he's thrown to the wolves.

He would have had to do something similar in Miami, but I'd wager that the coaching system in Miami had to be better than whatever they have in Cleveland.

• Like 1

The Graham trade would seem to indicate that the rumors of dissension between Graham and Brees last season were true.

I wonder if Seattle is looking to play him exclusively as a wideout, because he certainly isn't going to put his hand on the ground and block anybody for Lynch.